Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

The thing about hiring someone with a spotted past with sideline antics is that you are sticking your neck out.  If it was one time, maybe.  If it was two, maybe, but after that you have to assume some things will not change.  If Chuck or Randy had ever flipped off a crowd, threw a flag, been suspended or anything like that they would of been fired on the spot.  The funny thing about success is that many people tend to overlook that you are molding the future and will sacrifice things they know are wrong for winning,  I promise you this if Dresden had been losing during all these issues it would be no question that they wouldn't stand for it.  I know I am going to anger some people, but that is my opinion.  There are plenty of good coaches, teachers, and role models out there and Chuck and Randy will be sure and find one that fits.

Thought about a good reply to this statement but got to thinking how it's a just a repeat over and over about who wants who to be the head coach and how they can bash, (and I guarantee when they read the word bash they will say not bashing just stating the facts, blah blah blah) the other coach.

"Like sands through the hourglass....so are the Days of Our Lives. 

I think that  everybody is just ready to find out who the new coach is going to be.  This process has taken a long time.  I hope it is because they want to hire the best possible candidate.  If it is Chad then great but if it isn't that is fine also.  The majority of parents want Chad but I believe will support whoever the new coach is.  As far as the lion posse goes they are all great people who love Dresden football.  Most have had kids that played and some just love football.  They are dedicated fans who have worked very hard supporting the program doing things that a lot of parents just don't want to do.  It seems that many of the posse have kids graduating this year and I wonder how many will continue to support the program after they are gone.  Love them or hate them, they have been a vital part of the success of the program. 

I have heard from a very reliable source that a coach has been decided on and that an announcement is coming next week. I know that is vague, but I wasn't given the name of the coach or day. I was just told a coach has been decided on.

I've heard exactly the same thing. I heard this two weeks ago too but they're running out of time so I guess I believe it this time.

• Duckman38201, are you realistically trying to compare McKenzie’s teams from the last 2 years to their teams from the 9 to 10 years before that?  In my previous post, I was referring to the fact that we replaced Milan with Gleason, and if you are trying to put those two teams on the same level talent wise, I can't even entertain that thought.      

No sir that was not my intent at all. My comment was to say that Dresden has been a better team overall since Hodge became head coach. When I mentioned Gleason there was discussion about what opponents had players moving to the next level and Gleason was not mentioned and I was simply saying that they had football players going into the college football ranks as well. I in no way insinuated that Gleason was of the same caliber as Milan.

I'm fine with that as long as they leave that skill sucking giant helmet over there in rebelville.

Sorry but I can't accept the position. It doesn't pay good enough for me to drive over to do it. I'm no longer inclined to that much physical labor either. lol But even then Butchie and I don't have access to that silly helmet if we help ya'll out with the cleaning and stuff!

Not far from truth. If it deteriorates back a few years they may be begging hewett out of his retirement because without new industry or growth district options may only be combining small schools together. But dang, it would be fun watching westview get whooped by the combined talent of Gleason Dresden and greenfield. Would take that talent against most west tennessee 3a teams.