Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

The first thing I said in my original post is that Keith and Chad Hodge have done an excellent job. I don't have an agenda; I am just stating the facts and some of my opinions. If you want to compare Dresden's schedule from when they were in 2A (before the reclassification) to Dresden's schedule the past 5 years and tell me which is tougher, please do so. Since you are talking about talent, let's compare our opposing teams talent then and now.

I will start with your beloved Huntingdon Mustangs: Chris Donald - Tennessee Division 1, Boo Weathers - Carson Newman just to name two. In current years, however, you have the Warbrittons who are great players but are at UTM playing in intermural sports.

Westview: Justin Harrell - Tennessee and NFL, Rafeal Hill - Austin Peay?, Marqui Guy - UTM just to name a few. I current years, however, no one.

Trenton Peabody: hard to compare because Dresden has only played them twice in recent years.

Humbolt: E.J. Epperson - Ole Miss starting fullback, Adriene Donald - Memphis?. In recent years, however, Nick McLilly?

McKenzie: Drew Hayes - Mr. Football/Pro. pitcher, Derek Carr - All time leading passer at UTM. In recent years, however, no one.

Bruceton: Dresden did not start playing them again until 2009. But which Bruceton teams have been better? The teams from the 90's or their present teams?

Union City: Mario Makelrath (sp?)- look up his stats, Lucas Ingram-UTM, Goodwrich (sp?) brothers-MTSU just to name a few. In recent years, however, I honestly don't know.

Dresden replaced Milan with Gleason. I could tell you about all of the players from Milan who have gone on from those earlier teams, but we would be here a while. How many from Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton?

The records may flip-flop but the competition is nowhere near the same. Especially, when you go from playing 2A/3A teams each week to playing a few of those teams but replacing most of them with Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton. (3 basically guaranteed wins)

With all of that said, my post was not and never will be about the Hodges. I genuinely believe they are outstanding coaches. My point is that the reclassification is a large part of Dresden's recent success.

I agree with you diesel. Plus 2a the last 3 or 4 years has been pretty weak in west tn 1a has been a lot tougher. Dresden did not do as well in 1a playoffs last year.

I agree with you diesel. Plus 2a the last 3 or 4 years has been pretty weak in west tn 1a has been a lot tougher. Dresden did not do as well in 1a playoffs last year.

And Huntingdon didnt do so well against the weak 2A class either? Union City would've been the 2A champ last year also

I likely should just read and see what happens. But, I never listen to my self. I can only say this.....in past years recently it always came down to "all we gotta do is beat Dresden and we're in the playoffs......no problem!" Then two years ago Hodge took over and that all changed dramatically. Since the recent reclassification it's not an issue for us but the bottom line is that Dresden has been a better football team under the leadership of the Hodge brothers. Chad should get first consideration in all of this.

And Huntingdon didnt do so well against the weak 2A class either? Union City would've been the 2A champ last year also

Huntingdon was weak last year.the last 3 or 4 1a teams for the west that made it to the championship would have beat the 2a champ Edited by horse