Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

I'm hearing we will know tomorrow!!! Honestly this is getting dumber by the second. I've decided that the powers that be are a bunch of idiots!!! Have the testicular fortitude to make a decision and live with it. All your doing is hurting the kids.

I don't blame the whole team, QB club and community if they go to Murray or anywhere else. 

I still believe your administration IS smart enough to hire Chad.  Just too crazy to lose him.  A motor won't run without its sparkplug.  We need Dresden to stay good to keep pushing our kids here in Huntingdon.  We don't believe in taking weeks off on our schedule.

Not going to happen.......if it was going to, it would be done already.  That is what is taking so long. Everyone was not on same page with hire.  You got to come to some common ground on someone and right now that is a tough pill for some to swallow.

I'm hearing we will know tomorrow!!! Honestly this is getting dumber by the second. I've decided that the powers that be are a bunch of idiots!!! Have the testicular fortitude to make a decision and live with it. All your doing is hurting the kids.

I don't blame the whole team, QB club and community if they go to Murray or anywhere else. 

Very well put!!!!!!

I hope your source is better than mine. Mine should be a great one because he is close friends with one of the two who did the interviews. I'm at a loss as to why this is taking so long. Either it isn't going to be Hodge and they're bracing themselves, or it is Hodge and they don't have the good sense to announce it. What makes you think tomorrow?

Edited by Red Warrior

The funny thing is that this is not a hard decision for your administration.  They should hire the best coach/teacher.  Everyone on here knows who that is and everyone in the community knows who that is.  Why settle for less?  It boils down to what is best for the kids.  It is impossible to make everyone happy but to completely disappoint over a 1,000 to make a couple of people less unhappy makes 0 sense. 

Edited by FootballFan1970

I have no confidence in that Chad will be hired. I think if Chad was going to be the man it would have already happened like coach wdb has already said. Even if Chad is not hired the town of Dresden needs to stick together. Who knew the Hodge brothers before they came to Dresden? Chuck did a good job hiring Hodge so who is to say that he won't make another good hire.

I have no confidence in that Chad will be hired. I think if Chad was going to be the man it would have already happened like coach wdb has already said. Even if Chad is not hired the town of Dresden needs to stick together. Who knew the Hodge brothers before they came to Dresden? Chuck did a good job hiring Hodge so who is to say that he won't make another good hire.

I agree with what you are saying but Chuck also hired Eric Knott and we all know how that turned out.  The guy was a complete idiot and lasted 6 months.  What I am saying is we got lucky with Keith Hodge and he turned out to be a great young coach but we could have also gotten another Eric Knott.  Why take that chance again when you can hire someone you already know can coach and teach.

You can also remember when Knott took the job that we were not that good. Then we waited til after dead period to make the hire. That tells me no one wanted the job at the time. Knott was the first one that came along that wanted the job. You are right about him not lasting long luckily we had someone to fill the position inside the school that could take going 0-10. He knew his job was safe no matter what his record was. Then the tssaa changed everything with classifications and our football team got more competitive.Hodge was one of the guys that was on the staff the year we went 7-4 the only team with a winning record that didn't make the playoffs. I don't know if this is true or not but I think Hodge was coaching in east tn before he took the Dresden job and he and his wife got to move back home. So yes Chuck made a great hire with Hodge that's why I say he can do it again. But he is dragging his feet.