Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

Hodge brothers have coached against Peabody 4 times and are 4-0 against them.  Don't waste your time saying Peabody hasn't had talent either.  They are oozing with it every year.  And yes my Mustangs ooze with it every year too.  And I guess you are saying that all the teams you listed have no talent now and Dresden has all of it.  Bologna.  But I'm enjoying these different points of view.

1. I think Keith and Chad Hodge have done an excellent job.

2. I will support the program and the kids regardless of who they hire.

3. Let's be honest, the reason that Dresden has been competitive year in and year out is because of the reclassification. Going from 2A (which is now a mixture of 2A and 3A) to 1A is the single most decisive factor.

4. Does anyone know who is responsible for the reclassification? It just so happens to be the TSSAA. Funny, one of the idiots with no testicular fortitude, is on that board so maybe we should thank him for helping to make us competitive again.

5. The other 2 idiots with no testicular fortitude have 4 State Championships between the two of them.

6. Maybe we should trust the 3 'powers that be', because they obviously know what it takes to be a winning coach. They are more than adequately qualified to make a good decision regarding a coaching change.

7. Before we resort to name-calling, let's count the years of experience any of you have in education.

8. I think it is perfectly acceptable for the 'powers that be' to hire a coach on their time schedule and not yours.

So are you chuck or Frazier?

Some of you guys are hilarious! Bottom line is that Dresden has been relevant in their classification recently, and before the last four or five years had not. Their program has no issues with conduct of players, fans come to the games...in short, all positive, no negative...what more can you ask of your coaches? Dresden will be fortunate to continue the tradition of the recent past due to losing ONE of the brothers, and taking a 'couple of months off courtesy of the "powers that be". It's hard to win...lots of factors contribute to winning programs, including the kids having confidence in their leader and his system. The past is the past  and it's gone, but give the coaches the credit that their due...whatever the classification and whomever the opponent, Dresden was a formidable game on the schedule while the Hodges were there...no debate.

I am flattered.  I can only hope that I am half the person that those two are.  They are both highly regarded in my opinion.   And ProudLionFan, that's Mr. West or Mr. Frazier to you, son.  By the way, who wants to know? The Lion Posse? lol  I'm obviously kidding.  I just couldn't sit by anymore once the name-calling started.  Support the program, and stop acting like there is only one person who can coach these kids.  They have OUTSTANDING talent and they will all do well no matter what.     

I am flattered. I can only hope that I am half the person that those two are. They are both highly regarded in my opinion. And ProudLionFan, that's Mr. West or Mr. Frazier to you, son. By the way, who wants to know? The Lion Posse? lol I'm obviously kidding. I just couldn't sit by anymore once the name-calling started. Support the program, and stop acting like there is only one person who can coach these kids. They have OUTSTANDING talent and they will all do well no matter what.

Name calling isn't appropriate but shouldn't just hire anyone.  Should hire the best candidate, i.e. best teacher/coach...and there is only one name that fits that title.  If they are going to make the right choice and best choice for the kids/program and the future education of the students then Hodge will be named the coach soon.

I agree with you diesel the Hodge bros were great for our program. I also agree that it takes more than just coaches to win the game. Whoever the next coach is I hope Dresden will stick together regardless who the coach is. Some will be happy some not so happy

Name calling isn't appropriate but shouldn't just hire anyone.  Should hire the best candidate, i.e. best teacher/coach...and there is only one name that fits that title.  If they are going to make the right choice and best choice for the kids/program and the future education of the students then Hodge will be named the coach soon.

I wasn't aware that you knew all of the applicants and their specific credentials.  Please, enlighten us on who specifically has applied, been interviewed, their experience level, and their area of concentration in the classroom.   

It would take me too long to list Chad's credentials as a coach/teacher but I will list one in each category for ya.  Unless a coach that has been a coordinator at Maryville or Alcoa the last 10 years has applied, which would never happen, there isn't going to be a guy that has applied that can say he has been to the 2nd round or better of the playoffs as a coordinator/head coach for each of the last 9 years (that is incredible consistency).  And one more for ya...Chad has a B.S. in Chemistry and Biology (graduating with high honors) and a Master's in Education (graduating with high honors)...bet ya none of the other candidates can say that either.  Oh, I'm sure somebody that has applied has won a ring somewhere but did they "coat-tail" the ring or were they one of the major reasons they won it?  We know the answer to that.  But let's get to what really, truly matters...Who knows what the players on Dresden's football team need/want most in their lives?...I would say the players and their parents.  And according to what has been said on here and what I have heard personally from other people in Dresden, Chad is the one that will coach/teach their boys the best.  No need to fix something that isn't broken.