8AA

Onthedirt

I wasn't there either, but I can assure you Coach Bond is not one to run the score up on anyone. Do you eventually just start telling your kids to walk into outs? That's just as disrespectful in my eyes. There are six freshmen on this team other than Caplinger and I would be willing to bet they went in very early in this one.

Yes, the score was insane, but knowing Bond I would highly doubt the score was "run up." There's only so much you can do if a team can't get an out or pitch one even close enough to swing at.

Edited by dctiger

I wasn't there either, but I can assure you Coach Bond is not one to run the score up on anyone. Do you eventually just start telling your kids to walk into outs? That's just as disrespectful in my eyes. There are six freshmen on this team other than Caplinger and I would be willing to bet they went in very early in this one.

Yes, the score was insane, but knowing Bond I would highly doubt the score was "run up." There's only so much you can do if a team can't get an out or pitch one even close enough to swing at.

If 31-0 isn't running it up I would hate to know what you think is. Bond is not the saint you think he is I don't guess

This. I mean I don't agree with running scores up, but there comes a time when you just don't know what else to do. You can't just get out on purpose. How fair is it to tell the ones finally getting playing time to screw up on purpose? From my experience, after playing good teams all weekend with great pitchers, the ball almost seems to be in slow motion when you play against a pitcher that isn't quite what you are used to. Not a knock on her, but just a guess at what happened.

What would you have done? Ok girls I know this is your only chance for playing time but I need you to go get out for me. No.. If you can't get three outs on back ups then I guess that's sad.

There are really good teams playing really bad teams almost every day in high school softball and I have yet to see a score like that.

That score helps no one.

There are really good teams playing really bad teams almost every day in high school softball and I have yet to see a score like that.

That score helps no one.

So what would you have done? I'm curious. Got to talk to someone who was there and said there were less than 10 "hittable" pitches thrown all night. It was either in the clouds or rolling on the ground.

Do you tell your freshmen to get out on purpose?

• Upvote 1

So what would you have done? I'm curious. Got to talk to someone who was there and said there were less than 10 "hittable" pitches thrown all night. It was either in the clouds or rolling on the ground.

Do you tell your freshmen to get out on purpose?

It's simple you get out. Early off base is out. I know you will say that's moe embarrassing but only people at park know that happened. everyone in state see the score on coach t

Young rising star all that means nothing there are much better teams out there that don't do that to other teams. It has nothing to do with kids it's all on the coach.