Elizabethton vs Westview

BigBama42

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reechis had a really good game and a good tournament. She will make the All-Tournament team no doubt. Westview played their hearts out and made a great showing for WT.

Agreed. Westview made a huge come back and never goes down without a fight.  Pioneer I'm curious to know what type of defense did Westview play against Elizabethton?

They started out in zone, but went to man and I thought held their own. Actually I thought they were as quick as Elizabethton. You have to play both. If you are not outmanned, play man. As quick as Fulton is, they played a 1-2-2 matchup zone against Creekwood and won. Creekwood had 6 points in the first quarter.

Westview went to man because they got down (exactly why dyersburg had to stay in man).  

Creekwood had 6 in first quarter because their shots didn't fall, not because they couldn't get shots off, big difference.

I'm not going to further argue game plans with you because I am not a coach nor claim to know it all.  My only beef with you is this.  In one sentence you claim to be for all WT teams yet in another you make personal attacks on teams and coaches.  Example:  Westview played man, lost and coach got a tech and you praised them for playing their hearts out, which by the way is one thing I do agree with you on......Westview played hard and battled.  Dyersburg played man, lost, coach got a tech and you had nothing but negative comments about the program.  With fans like you who needs enemies?  

I won't go back and forth anymore.  I've made my point to you.  Talking negative like you do about coaches and teams just shows everyone how little you actually know about coaching and teams.

Westview didn't have a girl putting up almost 50 playing man. Dyersburg did. I made the comment about Dyersburg's defense and bigd2 went off. You fail to mention that. There are whole lot worse threads on this site talking about coaches than me. Mcminn Central has been on their own coach all year saying they didn't replace Joe Young good enough. IMO he is a good coach and has been to Boro many times. Fulton settled this argument last night.

Edited by pioneer42

Good luck to both Elizabethton and Fulton today. Too big of a hole to dig out of yesterday and Elizabethton doesn't miss many free throws. Talented team and hopefully we'll get another shot next year.

Play Hard!

Go Westview!!

I was impressed with the way they came back and they are a talented team.