Creekwood vs Fulton

soccerfreak92

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Creekwood had multiple open looks they didn't take. Very obvious their number 1 goal was to get the ball to Bell. I thought Fulton had more buckets in the paint and I thought their zone kept Bell more contained. I thought today she was taking more 15 foot jumpers whereas yesterday she was getting 10 foot jumpers. But she is a great talent that I wish was going to UT. But congratulations on a good run. Two really good semi-finals. The Westview game was a classic as well.

I thought Creekwood had multiple open looks they didn't take. Very obvious their number 1 goal was to get the ball to Bell. I thought Fulton had more buckets in the paint and I thought their zone kept Bell more contained. I thought today she was taking more 15 foot jumpers whereas yesterday she was getting 10 foot jumpers. But she is a great talent that I wish was going to UT. But congratulations on a good run. Two really good semi-finals. The Westview game was a classic as well.[/

Edited by takeahack

I thought Creekwood had multiple open looks they didn't take. Very obvious their number 1 goal was to get the ball to Bell. I thought Fulton had more buckets in the paint and I thought their zone kept Bell more contained. I thought today she was taking more 15 foot jumpers whereas yesterday she was getting 10 foot jumpers. But she is a great talent that I wish was going to UT. But congratulations on a good run. Two really good semi-finals. The Westview game was a classic as well.

Agree that there were some looks they didn't take as well. Of course their #1 is always Bell but usually in the games I've seen the others aren't so tentative to pull the trigger.

Zone definitively pushed Bell out a little but the offensive rebounds for Fulton made the big difference IMO.

It is my understanding UT never seriously pursued her. Coach Warlick missed on this one I think. I believe Bell is AA miss basketball whether she wins it or not. Best high school player I've ever seen.

Edited by takeahack

Agree that there were some looks they didn't take as well. Of course their #1 is always Bell but usually in the games I've seen the others aren't so tentative to pull the trigger.

Zone definitively pushed Bell out a little but the offensive rebounds for Fulton made the big difference IMO.

It is my understanding UT never seriously pursued her. Coach Warlick missed on this one I think. I believe Bell is AA miss basketball whether she wins it or not. Best high school player I've ever seen.

I paid 40 dollars to watch my team get beat I stayed and watched bell and got my money's worth.

Takeahack thank you for trying to help pioneer see the light but try as you may he is desperately trying to prove a point he made on the dyersburg/creek wood thread that dyersburg should not have played them man to man.  You are exactly right that Creek Wood got just as many open looks tonight as last night their shots just didn't fall like they did against Dyersburg.  I can assure you Creek Wood didn't shoot 35% last night!  Pioneer also doesn't seem to understand that Dyersburg has played man to man all year.  It's what they know and it has been successful for them.  You can't switch to zone when you're down 15 which is what happened to Dyersburg early in the game because Bell was in beast mode and hit absolutely every shot that left her hands.  I'm sorry for using your thread to talk about last night's game but for some reason pioneer is determined to prove he is smarter than Dyersburgs entire coaching staff. Dyersburg didn't loose because they played man, they lost because they shot an awful 30 something % and Bell was hot, hot, hot.   

Rachel Bell has signed with Vanderbuilt so she's not getting out of Tennessee and I will for sure go and watch some Vandy games just to support one of our own I believe she will be great for them they are losing their top two scorers so she will definately be needed, she had an awesome high school career and would be my pick for Miss Basketball.

Not true. Tennessee and Vandy have been recruiting Rachel since she was in the 9th grade, when she lead the team in scoring. The list is too long of the schools that wanted her. Teams from every major conference offered her. BTW, Rachel is an honor student and took advanced and dual courses. I agree with you that she is the best high school girl I have ever seen.

Not true. Tennessee and Vandy have been recruiting Rachel since she was in the 9th grade, when she lead the team in scoring. The list is too long of the schools that wanted her. Teams from every major conference offered her. BTW, Rachel is an honor student and took advanced and dual courses. I agree with you that she is the best high school girl I have ever seen.

Recruit is a loose term. I know Tennessee "recruited" her. I said seriously recruited. She took an official to to Colorado. Florida State came to watch her last year in the sectional at Macon County, she was an extremely hot commodity. Offers from everywhere.

Know that she is a great student and person. As a UT alum I just think they didn't recruit her seriously enough. She is a great get for Vandy. That's good for us middle Tennessee folks because we can watch her for 4 more.

Something is way wrong if she is not AA Miss Basketball!

Edited by takeahack