Learning Something New All The Time

Whitey

I reffed since (well, let's just say a long time ago).  i took a hiatus from reffing when I was coaching at a High School  (my AD told me I needed to quit reffing because he thought it was a conflict of interest).  However, since I quit coaching a few years ago, I started reffing again.  Man, have things changed as far as administration, assigning, reporting, etc.

Now, on this reporting stuff.  Two kids got in a fight last night and each received red cards.  They deserved it.  I asked about writing the report and the ref supervisor and the State supervisor both said that reports do not get written on pre-season games.  So, other than losing playing time during that game, their is no punishment for fighting during the pre-season since the State does not want it reported, etc.

I thought that was not sending the right message.  You can fight or do anything else that gets you a red card but as long as it is pre-season, there will be no punishment.  Like I said, not what it used to be years ago with a different admistrator in Gene Beck.  If something like that happened, it did not matter pre-season or whatever, you reported it and he wanted to know about it.  Oh well, "... the times they are a changing."  (Bob Dylan)

• Upvote 1