Science Hill 2014-2015

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very dumb comment payback I hope Science Hill is good it does Betsy good to play them because they play no-one after Christmas those to losses helped them more than you think and I hope they repeat

Not sure, but looking for payback from Elizabethton next year! Go Cyclones!

I just read the article written by the Johnson City Press and I must say I find it very assuming for the reporter to say Science Hill would have won the gold ball had they gone to the tournament and not lost their point guard. I find it to be very condescending and disrespectful to the Blackman Lady Blaze who are not only #1 in the state but also in the country by all three prep polls and will likely be National Champions. Those girls have played one of the toughest schedules in the country and earned their championship the hard way as Riverdale has done in the past, you have to give them that respect just as we did for Riverdale I do understand that the article is from their hometown but there should also be some objectivity there also just for credibility. I believe Science Hill was a good team but we don't know how good because they didn't play any of the top in State teams and there are to many to name so it would have been nice to see them in the Turkey Jam or the Naples Florida or even the Riverdale Christmas Tournament because there was alot of tough competition there. Now Blackman did beat them in the summer but we know that doesn't count because teams get better but SH was just not able to match up with them and that was without Crystal Dangerfield so Blackman proved they could when without their pg but SH could not, I believe Mount Juliet, Bradley Central, Ridgeway, or Rossview would have been tough competition for them but I guess it's always great to speculate on what could have been. I hope to see SH in the big tournaments or play some of the top TN teams next year because they still have a good chance of making it to the Glass House next year they will struggle some like Riverdale did this year but Riverdale still took on the tough teams because that's what great competitors do. Just my humble opinion, I wish all the girls good luck in the future because I know they all work very hard and I am a supporter of all TN girls and cannot wait to watch some of them play in college and the high school gyms next season. Also can anyone tell me where Tianna Tarter will play next season, I would love to follow her also.

BAma enjoy your AA crown. Don't gloat... Bad form. If Betsy doesn't beat SH next year it would be a total let down for them. They are in the way up and SH will have fell off the talent cliff from where they have been. Betsy didn't want to play when they both were good so it's no surprise they will play now that SH is not going to be as good as they have been. Sporty... SH would have given Blackman a good game. They had the size of Mt Juliet but better guard play. I do not know if they would have won but it would have been a really good game. Too bad one man can ruin the goals for a bunch girls who worked hard all season.

BAma enjoy your AA crown. Don't gloat... Bad form. If Betsy doesn't beat SH next year it would be a total let down for them. They are in the way up and SH will have fell off the talent cliff from where they have been. Betsy didn't want to play when they both were good so it's no surprise they will play now that SH is not going to be as good as they have been. Sporty... SH would have given Blackman a good game. They had the size of Mt Juliet but better guard play. I do not know if they would have won but it would have been a really good game. Too bad one man can ruin the goals for a bunch girls who worked hard all season.

If Science Hill was as good as you let on, then losing one player shouldnt have kept them from getting to the state tournament (it wouldnt have stopped Blackman). It is equally bad form to blame the officiating for one team's misfortunes

How stating the facts bad form? Were you at the game she got tossed from? Probably not. As I am sure you did not know our team our pg was the engine behind our car. If you have a car then you know if it does not have a motor it does not run. I saw Blackman play this year and believe that would have been a good game. If Blackman lost their of when they had to play riverdale in the region they may have not been at state either! So your point has not merit.

How stating the facts bad form? Were you at the game she got tossed from? Probably not. As I am sure you did not know our team our pg was the engine behind our car. If you have a car then you know if it does not have a motor it does not run. I saw Blackman play this year and believe that would have been a good game. If Blackman lost their of when they had to play riverdale in the region they may have not been at state either! So your point has not merit.

Here is the difference bewteen Blackman and everyone else: Blackman could have sustained the loss of Dangerfield for a game or two, and still won their sectional match. Dangerfield as great she is, is just one piece on a whole team full of great players.

I dont care to know the circumstances of how their PG got thrown out and consequently suspended, blaming officiating for a team's failure to advance is a coward's way out. I would say the say the same if Blackman fans had come on here making excuses for the same thing. Blackman's kids also know better than to let an official get the better of them and Science Hill's point guard should have to/

• 2 weeks later...

No ones a coward here stating the facts! It's a typical response from someone who thinks they have all the answers. You really don't know SH and must not know Blackman either cause it's a fact... Without danger field they would have lost to or had a good chance to lose to riverdale. SH did not lose their PG in the section it was when Blackman played riverdale in semi of region.

Edited by TommyMan37604

• 1 month later...