District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the realignment the District is now in 2 Divisions, North & South. North is the schools of the old district and the newcomers are the South.  You only play your division for regular season district games, although I believe everyone has scheduled the other divisions as regular season games they just do not count on your district record. 

For postseason play the North, with 5 teams will have a play-in.  Then the bottom 2 from the North will go to the South winner and the South bottom 2 will go to the North winner.  Then they will play a double elimination tournament and the winners from the 2 sites wil play for the district championship.

I've seen Creek Wood play a few times and they looked good the times I've seen them. I've got a question about the post season. It seems like a terrible set up. Let's suppose Creek Wood & Camden are the two best teams in the district & finish 1st & 2nd in North division then one of them is going to be left out a chance for region. If you knew you weren't finishing 1st you would be better off finishing 3rd to be able to play in the other side. Just seems if one division has the best two teams in it then you are screwing one of them and therefore your best two teams aren't going to come out of the district. Why wouldn't they have the (1N & 4S) (2S & 3N) play in one bracket and (1S & 4N) (2N & 3S) play in the other bracket to eliminate this problem. I just can't believe they would approve the format listed in the post above. The North side seems to be stacked compared to the South side.   

I've seen Creek Wood play a few times and they looked good the times I've seen them. I've got a question about the post season. It seems like a terrible set up. Let's suppose Creek Wood & Camden are the two best teams in the district & finish 1st & 2nd in North division then one of them is going to be left out a chance for region. If you knew you weren't finishing 1st you would be better off finishing 3rd to be able to play in the other side. Just seems if one division has the best two teams in it then you are screwing one of them and therefore your best two teams aren't going to come out of the district. Why wouldn't they have the (1N & 4S) (2S & 3N) play in one bracket and (1S & 4N) (2N & 3S) play in the other bracket to eliminate this problem. I just can't believe they would approve the format listed in the post above. The North side seems to be stacked compared to the South side.   

philmeyer,

In some discussions I've had since that post I may have been given some incorrect information.  The split may be as you suggest.  When I asked again I never got a real clear answer.  But it appears that it may be a 1/3 vs 4/2 and that would make more sense.

I think the whole division split is crazy.  Play as one district and have a play-in game then an 8-team double elimination tournament.  But I know some coaches weren't real happy about a 16 game district schedule because it took away some non-district games some teams use as what I call get tough games.  

At this point it does appear the North is more difficult.  Lewis Co. I believe is the best team in the South, with Hickman Co. on a given day causing problems but East & Fairview down at this time.

It will be intersting to see how it works out.

i need to fix an earlier post. fairview is now 1-3 in the district, the waverly was a loss. so 4-3 and 1-3 in district including tonight's loss to creekwood.

Except none of those games are considered district games.  The games you play against teams outside your division are not considered district games.  So to date Fairview has played no district games because Stewart Co., Central, Creek Wood and Waverly are not considered district games for Fairveiw

They are district games. However they are not division games, which are the ones that count.

I stand corrected they are games against teams in your district but they do not count on your district won-loss record.  Your district won-loss record will be your division record for purposes of seeding for the district tournament.  Semantics I guess, but all other teams in the district appear to be counting only the division games as "district" games as the standings posted by NavyChief in an earlier post are what all the teams in the district appear to be agreeing on.  

Edited by takeahack