Friendship Christian 2014

BKisler

Great game by the FC "Crusaders" as the PA announcer called us last night.  Converted 2 fourth downs on the opening drive capped off with a Mikey Jones dive in the air arm extension touchdown.  Not a whole lot of impressive drama after that other than a Jeff Cherry sack knocking the QB in to Saturday morning.  FC kind of struggled throughout the game against an, at best, mediocre team which gives me concern moving forward.

Jones being a Freshman and looking like Junior level gives the "Commanders" a solid QB for a long time if he stays at FC.  Hopefully they use last night's game to make great use of the early bye to make some adjustments and hopefully bring some solid force to the upcoming Trousdale and Webb competitions.

Great game by the FC "Crusaders" as the PA announcer called us last night. Converted 2 fourth downs on the opening drive capped off with a Mikey Jones dive in the air arm extension touchdown. Not a whole lot of impressive drama after that other than a Jeff Cherry sack knocking the QB in to Saturday morning. FC kind of struggled throughout the game against an, at best, mediocre team which gives me concern moving forward.

Jones being a Freshman and looking like Junior level gives the "Commanders" a solid QB for a long time if he stays at FC. Hopefully they use last night's game to make great use of the early bye to make some adjustments and hopefully bring some solid force to the upcoming Trousdale and Webb competitions.

cherry is playing very tough both ways for FC. He dominated his last 2 opponents. Mikee also played well for a FR on the road in his 1st start. He had a few dropped passes and put a few drops on the ground himself but make no mistake he is a talent already and should get markedly better as the schedule plays out. IMO he's already a better runner than his predecessor not to mention his very positive attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

the FCS crew invades Seymour this week, ole Doyle will be making the trip over from Cosby to see this beatdown,

Hey Doyle.  Were you at the Harding Academy game?  I have concerns in the trench on O and overall just D.  Also, King's Academy last year lost to Sunbright by 22 points.  This year, they beat Sunbright by 27.  Last year they beat Hancock by 17 points.  This year, they beat Hancock by 35.  Last year they lost to FC by 36.  This year????  Due to my kids, I only started following FC in 2011 (a great year to start!).  Looking at the 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 squads….would this be the weakest?

Hey Doyle.  Were you at the Harding Academy game?  I have concerns in the trench on O and overall just D.  Also, King's Academy last year lost to Sunbright by 22 points.  This year, they beat Sunbright by 27.  Last year they beat Hancock by 17 points.  This year, they beat Hancock by 35.  Last year they lost to FC by 36.  This year????  Due to my kids, I only started following FC in 2011 (a great year to start!).  Looking at the 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 squads….would this be the weakest?

Why in the world would you think I'd drive 450 miles from Cosby to Memphis to watch FCS play?  I was at the Cosby - Pigeon Forge game that night.  As far as comparisons, I see 1-2 FCS games a year, usually while drinking moonshine, I have no idea which team is better/worse.  Is last year's QB that was scared to play against Trousdale and Webb still there?

Why in the world would you think I'd drive 450 miles from Cosby to Memphis to watch FCS play?  I was at the Cosby - Pigeon Forge game that night.  As far as comparisons, I see 1-2 FCS games a year, usually while drinking moonshine, I have no idea which team is better/worse.  Is last year's QB that was scared to play against Trousdale and Webb still there?

No, that QB is gone.

No I couldn't make it over. I had to work. You think we can make any noise this year? And I was a bullpen catcher last year for UT. I enjoyed it, but prob won't do it again this year. Classes got a lot tougher

based on what I saw against King's, once teams stack the box and dare the FCS QB to throw it, it'll be game over, the defense is solid though, good luck at UT, went there myself (a long time ago)

Funny. The only thing I remember FC trailing DCA in last yr was boys hoops. Other than that FC won in football, won 2/3 in baseball & ended dca's yr, dominated them in softball, volleyball, soccer, bowling, etc, etc. Heck FC middle even destroyed DCA middle in football (don't bode well for the future).

If DCA intends to finish ahead of FC they better let you do a little less talking and step it up more on the field. FC lost 3 Srs from last yrs team who hung half a hundred on DCA. DCA lost 7 Srs. I can assure you FC will be better this yr than last.

Follow up to your boasting. Saw DCA v FCS soccer yesterday. FCS had a very nice group of ladies that played hard. The DCA made classy moves by pulling her All Region/State forward and other offensive players with 35 mins to go and played 9 on 11 for the last 15 mins to keep the score well below what it could have been (8-0). The lady cats beat FCS by a similar score last year since your memory seems to have failed you?

Maybe the FCS football team will do better in a few weeks so your talking doesn't look so bad Orangecrush?

Follow up to your boasting. Saw DCA v FCS soccer yesterday. FCS had a very nice group of ladies that played hard. The DCA made classy moves by pulling her All Region/State forward and other offensive players with 35 mins to go and played 9 on 11 for the last 15 mins to keep the score well below what it could have been (8-0). The lady cats beat FCS by a similar score last year since your memory seems to have failed you?

Maybe the FCS football team will do better in a few weeks so your talking doesn't look so bad Orangecrush?

Why are you talking to me when you are replying to Volzchamp?  I have never said anything degrading about DCA in anyway.  I respect Coach Goodwin and the programs that DCA puts out on the field to represent their school on a yearly basis.  It seems to me that you have a major complex when it comes to FC though.  Why you always bash the school and program at FC?  It is to me beyond petty and ridiculous.  Maybe that speaks for the kind of individual that you are.

Edited by orangecrush