8th grade eligibility

goingdeep

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see from the posts, 8th graders are eligible. David Lipscomb has had many 8th graders over the years. My daughter graduated last year after playing for five years (8th-12th). The name I remember as being one of the best, if not the best, is April Faircloth. She pitched for Ezell Harding. As stated earlier, Christine Davis for Lipscomb played this past year as an 8th grader and played extremely well.

• 1 month later...

I know for a fact that an 8th grader can play for a high school team because I played for eagleville when i was in the eigth grade also in my situation I was also able to trasnfer schools going in to nighth and not have to sit out any even though I played a year of Varsity TSSAA softball...just thought i would let eveybody know

Boyd Buchanan in Chattanooga has a tradition of playing 8th graders. Current Lady Bucs Emily Broyles, Carmen Urffer and Lauren Lusk (all seniors) played and contributed as 8th graders. Sarah Warren (junior) pitched a great deal as an 8th grader. Two 8th graders contributed in the stretch run for BBS last year, Jessica Ives and Brittany Eason. In the past, Julie King, Amy Stone, Tracey Barnett and many others (can't name them all) were major players as 8th graders.