8th grade eligibility

goingdeep

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many high school players play TSSAA sports. There have been numerous play & do REALLY WELL. The Eight Grade is the 1st grade someone is eligible to play TSSAA sports, if the school has the 8th grade on it's campus. It starts the process for high school, can not repeat 8th grade & play again or lose 1 year of eligibility later on. For rules & regulations, see TSSAA.org

I'm not positive on this but, I heard that if the grade is in the school then they may use eighth grade students on their teams. I also heard that if it was a feeder school, that the feeder school had to be attached at least by a covered walkway for them to be considered eligble. Hope this helps. As posted prior, check with the TSSAA for the real deal.

Posted by goingdeep:

Are 8th graders eligible to play High School softball?

If so, are there any prospects in TN that could take on this feat? Has it ever been done before?

You have to be in the same school with the same principal to be eligible. Yes, it has been done in our district.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...