Knoxville Central Recruiting

Guest snagglepus

I wish everyone would get over this because you could argue until you know what froze over but every school loses athletes and gains athletes at some point. Whether it is recruiting is another thing. What good has it done for any of the schools if they do recruit? None of the Knoxville schools have won a championship other than AE last year and before that Webb in 96 then Halls & AE in 86. If there was so much recruiting of these great athletes, then we'd see more championships. If these kids are so good to be recruited then why aren't the college recruiters dying to get to knoxville every year? What happens to them in that time span that they don't move on to the next level.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it does happen in some cases, but if it is happening in any great amount it isn't producing any results for the school or the athlete.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people (coaches/fans/supporters) are saying schools are recruiting "great athletes", but they are recruiting good HS players. My husband has always told me the teams that win the state championship has a few good athletes & many good HS players. Most people win with good players that never get the opportunity to play college ball because of grades, size, speed. But in the HS arena that is often compensated with a few that have all of the above mentioned attributes.

The bottom line is HS sports were designed for a coaching staff to mold a team of young men/women into a championship team with what they had to work with. There are many colleges that fail to produce champions & they pick and choose who they want to give a scholarship. Let HS athletics return to building a team within their own school zone and leave the recruiting mumbo-jumbo to the colleges.

chances are that you are from fulton. Has anyone in here ever talked to BUCK coatney? "Snagle" another word for BUCK and "pus"that has fulton all over it. Central has no need to recruit, success breeds success. It is a no brainer, the best group of coaches by far, are from fountain city. Even their filming engineer, is a genius.

[Edited by JohnPaul on 11-8-02 1:22P]

Well said Msgov. Johnpaul you are goofy. Central has at least 11 players on their roster that are not zoned for their school. Most if not all have been recruited. Let me take those 11 players away from Central and lets see how good of a coaching staff they have. Better yet put 11 select players on any other team in Knoxville and lets see how much better they are: Bearden, West, Carter, Powell, etc... Like Msgov said High School Athletics is about taking the players you have and molding them in to a competitive team. That is indeed the challenge of coaching on the high school level. Not going out and recruiting other schools best tallent.

Redrage, remember that Coach Helton has a wife, mother and children who are exposed to your slanderous accusations that you make about Coach Helton. Who are you? How dare you mention Coach Helton, Smith and Kelly by name but don't mention your own. Has your school EVER played a football game with a player that was not zoned for your school? I understand that transfers from/to schools are legal and occur every year. You sound like a whinner.

I don't believe I have mentioned any coach by name. I have mentioned coaches on the Central staff you can fill in the blanks. Transfers are legal recruiting like Central does is not. Call me what you want it doesn't change the fact that Central is a program that recruits players from other school zones and as a result gains an unfair advantage and breaks TSSAA rules. The time will come in the not so distant future that Centrals recruiting will catch up with them and the whole state will know what many of the folks around Knoxville already knows. CENTRAL CHEATS!

Why do you put words in my mouth by saying I have mentioned specific coaches by name when I haven't. Slander is defined as making a false statement about someone. I have said nothing on here that is not a fact. Central has at least 11 players on their roster that are transfers many if not all have been recruited. Who are you? As far as contacting the TSSAA in Knox. Co. you must first contact the administration at the county level and they will contact the TSSAA. If you go over the county administrations head you will be reprimanded.

I can quarantee you that you do not have to define "slanderous" to me. I fully understand the meaning. I also understand the difference between "fact" and "hearsay." I have had "a parent/s told me so" not hold up as fact. I also know that when you slander the coaching staff at Central, you have indeed identified them. Please identify yourself.