Summer camps - Who looks good

gwh

I have seen a lot of teams play and I think the top four teams in 9A will beat anyone from 10A. Don't be fooled Houston co plays to win anytime they are on the court. I wish nothing but the best for Hobbs but I have not seen her play since injury. Players rarely come back at 100% and it is yet to be seen where she is at,.

If the top 4 teams from 9A are better, Houston Co. shouldn't have been in Murfreesboro last year. You guys are putting wayyy too much into summer team camp games. BOGGS, not Hobbs, will be fine once she returns from injury. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the top 4 teams from 9A are better, Houston Co. shouldn't have been in Murfreesboro last year. You guys are putting wayyy too much into summer team camp games. BOGGS, not Hobbs, will be fine once she returns from injury.

Appreciate the correction there buddy. Guess only time will tell. I am not saying they are not good just not the best.

I have seen a lot of teams play and I think the top four teams in 9A will beat anyone from 10A. Don't be fooled Houston co plays to win anytime they are on the court. I wish nothing but the best for Hobbs but I have not seen her play since injury. Players rarely come back at 100% and it is yet to be seen where she is at,.

You are putting too much stock into camp wins and losses.... I witnessed Eagleville beat Houston and that doesn't happen in the regular season, especially with Boggs.. 

Houston Co is playing every single player on their bench, that won't happen come regular season. Boggs is arguably the biggest difference maker in Region 5A. 

An example of camp wins/losses not mattering, Raven Fair led Union City to wins over Dyersburg and Munford... While Raven looked VERY good, she has zero help and they have no shot of beating either of those teams come regular season. 

IMO Fair should be one of the favorites for A Miss Basketball tho. Averaged about 25 ppg this week. 

Back to the original discussion, Houston County will win the Region and make a run at a state championship.

You are putting too much stock into camp wins and losses.... I witnessed Eagleville beat Houston and that doesn't happen in the regular season, especially with Boggs.. 

Houston Co is playing every single player on their bench, that won't happen come regular season. Boggs is arguably the biggest difference maker in Region 5A. 

An example of camp wins/losses not mattering, Raven Fair led Union City to wins over Dyersburg and Munford... While Raven looked VERY good, she has zero help and they have no shot of beating either of those teams come regular season. 

IMO Fair should be one of the favorites for A Miss Basketball tho. Averaged about 25 ppg this week. 

Back to the original discussion, Houston County will win the Region and make a run at a state championship.

My opinion and you can repost during regions is that if it comes to it community will easily beat Houston by 15 points. I don't even see them getting to the region final though. Nothing is impossible, did they not loose two seniors who played big minutes?

My opinion and you can repost during regions is that if it comes to it community will easily beat Houston by 15 points. I don't even see them getting to the region final though. Nothing is impossible, did they not loose two seniors who played big minutes?

I'm not sure exactly what they lost... But I do know that I saw Community and Houston play a week or so ago and Houston was definitely the better team WITHOUT Boggs.... 

I'm a 9A guy, born and raised but I'm not so blind that I can't see the truth... Other than Community, no one in 9A will have a chance to beat Houston come Regions.

I'm not sure exactly what they lost... But I do know that I saw Community and Houston play a week or so ago and Houston was definitely the better team WITHOUT Boggs.... 

I'm a 9A guy, born and raised but I'm not so blind that I can't see the truth... Other than Community, no one in 9A will have a chance to beat Houston come Regions.

MTCS also gets back another shooter this year. I have watched her play with pride and she can shoot the trey. If Wilkerson, Buckner, and Cami are all shooting good they can beat anyone on any given night.

MTCS also gets back another shooter this year. I have watched her play with pride and she can shoot the trey. If Wilkerson, Buckner, and Cami are all shooting good they can beat anyone on any given night.

Saw them play last week also. Buckner looked WAY better than everyone else on their team. Wasn't impressed with other MTCS players as individual players. Burkey is a good coach tho and I think he is the difference maker for them if they make a run.

Saw them play last week also. Buckner looked WAY better than everyone else on their team. Wasn't impressed with other MTCS players as individual players. Burkey is a good coach tho and I think he is the difference maker for them if they make a run.

How about Wilkerson, she led the district in scoring last year. Did she not look sharp?

Houston Co. Without injuries to their starters is as weak as they will be this year. HC has three post players. Steppee scored 23 points and 16 rebounds a week ago against UC. When Boggs returns and the starting 5 come together this will be an awesome team to watch!! It's early now but HC has a lot of room to grow and develop.