Dragons @ Mavericks Week #1

Space3

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was held to rest a leg tweak he got against HV. The score was 7 - 2 Admirals but we prolly had double their yardage. We also should have scored twice. No Bryson Phillips either. The O line dominated. But it was just a jamboree.

k, I hope its just precautionary on Fox and Phillips and it is not a sign of things to come, those are 2 of the top players on the team lol...I am guessing Garret played, did he get a lot of carries.  I think he will be a key to our success this season, he is an absolute stud and should be utilized.  I have heard good things on the O-line and that is a good sign due to that being a big question mark coming in.  Did the DB's look improved?  last time I saw them was against Fulton and that looked to be an area that needed a lot of attention.  How did the Admirals score on us?  and how did Smith look....sorry for all the questions, I have not been able to see as much this season as normal due to work being so busy LOL..

No problem, if I hadn't gone I'd be asking too. Johnson was a beast. He ran up the middle for several long gains. Dews also ran well. Smith executed the option like a veteran. The DBs weren't tested a lot. Farragut kept it mostly on the ground. There was one longish pass but decent coverage. Farragut scored on a short pass. They really only had the one long drive after getting the ball at the beginning.

No problem, if I hadn't gone I'd be asking too. Johnson was a beast. He ran up the middle for several long gains. Dews also ran well. Smith executed the option like a veteran. The DBs weren't tested a lot. Farragut kept it mostly on the ground. There was one longish pass but decent coverage. Farragut scored on a short pass. They really only had the one long drive after getting the ball at the beginning.

Thank you sir, I am very eager to see how this team comes out next Friday, from the sounds of it Clinton had a good showing against Grace last night and 92 said that he was pretty impressed with their running game, if Clinton gets balanced on Offense then look out, I hope our Defense plays sound.  I personally think that Johnson is the best skill player on the AC team and am pretty sure that Smith is faster than what Hicks was last season so if he can run the option well we will have the threat to take it to the house every play between Him and Fox with Johnson in the mix if our line gets good play than I think we can be very good on offense this season, and can not forget about Bryson Phillips, he may be as important on offense this year as anyone running between the tackles, he is a punishing RB that could really wear down a defense then hit the homeruns with Fox, Smith and Johnson.  That is really a very good group of players and if I am not mistaken all 4 of them are seniors so they bring a lot of playing experience to the table as well which is always good.  I just hope our defense can get it done, we play a  lot of different style offenses in our district so we have to be sound all over, opening up with Clinton will be a huge test for them, but as long as we come out with a win it might be the best matchup to start the season for a learning experience for our D to play a team that has a very good QB and from the sounds of it an improved running game.  I cant wait till Friday.

Thank you sir, I am very eager to see how this team comes out next Friday, from the sounds of it Clinton had a good showing against Grace last night and 92 said that he was pretty impressed with their running game, if Clinton gets balanced on Offense then look out, I hope our Defense plays sound. I personally think that Johnson is the best skill player on the AC team and am pretty sure that Smith is faster than what Hicks was last season so if he can run the option well we will have the threat to take it to the house every play between Him and Fox with Johnson in the mix if our line gets good play than I think we can be very good on offense this season, and can not forget about Bryson Phillips, he may be as important on offense this year as anyone running between the tackles, he is a punishing RB that could really wear down a defense then hit the homeruns with Fox, Smith and Johnson. That is really a very good group of players and if I am not mistaken all 4 of them are seniors so they bring a lot of playing experience to the table as well which is always good. I just hope our defense can get it done, we play a lot of different style offenses in our district so we have to be sound all over, opening up with Clinton will be a huge test for them, but as long as we come out with a win it might be the best matchup to start the season for a learning experience for our D to play a team that has a very good QB and from the sounds of it an improved running game. I cant wait till Friday.

Amen brother!