Fargo Predictions

Coffetalk

I have no idea who is going but I have nothing g better to do than precision gore our top performers. I was able to watch the guys live on flo at the duals.

Cadet

Trey Challifeaux : He AA last year and I wouldn't expect anything less this year. He had a great cadet duals going 6-1.His lone loss he was dominating the match and was caught. I expect him too be in the 4-1 range.

Knox Fuller : Had a decent cadet duals trip. I see him winning a couple but falling short if a medal.

Eli King : Seems kind of new to freeystyle but he can wrestle in any style. Had a 5-2 cadet duals. I can see him in the 8-6 range if he gets a good draw and his weight isn't an issue.

Sammy Evans: He didn't do well at all at Fargo last year.

He has been on fire at the duals. He hasn't lost a freeystyle match at cadet or junior duals. He was a combined 11-3 in Greco at the duals with two losses at juniors. He knocked off the Fargo fourth place in freeystyle at cadet duals also. He just broke into the national rankings. In freeystyle I see him in the 3-1 range. In Greco I see him falling anywhere in the top 8.

Nick Boykin: New to freeystyle and Greco. Had a bad tournament at junior duals in both styles. Had an Undefeated tournament in Greco at cadet duals and a 6-1 freeystyle tournament. Most of his matches can go either way because he throws so much. I don't see him placing in freeystyle. 8-5 in Greco.

Junior

Toribio Navvararo : He looked pretty sharp at junior duals. He lost an 8-4 match to the best cadet 113 in the nation in Greco. Also lost to the runner up from last year in Greco 2-1. One loss in freeystyle came to Illinois. I don't exactly know we're to predict him. I expect him to do better in Greco than freeystyle. He had some injuries with his shoulder at the duals. I'm hoping that's better.

Michael Murphy : 3 Fargo Aas in the past two years. Now he's up higher in weight. He looked pretty good at junior duals. He sustained an elbow injury in his first Greco match. I see him placing in freeystyle but I'm weary to say if he does or not in Greco.

James westbrooks: looked dynamite at the duals in both styles but I don't know if he's on the level to place or not yet.

Kyle Lee: looked decent at the duals. Not on Fargo level yet. I'm glad he's competing.

Luke Hamilton: Looked great at some points during the duals but looked bad at other times. Really hot and cold.

Cale Shelton : Looked great in Greco. Didn't look to good in freeystyle. I could see him place 8-6 in Greco.

In the past it has been much easier to place in Greco Roman than in Freestyle.  Both the heavier weight classifications and the lowest weight classification would have the best opportunity to place due to smaller numbers of participants.  With high school football training camps starting around the country you will find that many of the larger wrestlers have now switched back to training for football and away from wrestling.  IMO, one of the keys to being successful at Fargo is a great training cycle leading up to Fargo.  If the wrestlers are in condition and ready to go they have the opportunity to do very well.