McMinn County @ McMinn Central (#endthestreak)

BloodCharger

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field lined, community ready, pre-game jitters!!  It is finally here.  Hope all have a safe trip to the game tonight.  No matter what, I love this cross creek rivalry.  Good luck to both teams on a great season.  I am one that roots for both teams, except this night.  Would love to see the streak end tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Chargers

The Chargers do have a good opportunity.  They have played McMinn for 2 games leading at the half.  McMinn is not a bad team this year, but I do believe the Chargers match up well this year.  Although I am optimistic, the Cherokees are well coached.  I just hope for and injury free game.  Go Chargers!!!!!

McMinn won't be nearly as good as they have been recently. They lost a lot of talent from last year and have an overall very young team. Central has a lot more experience and talent overall this season and they play at home. Absolutely no excuse if the Central coaches lose this game.

• 9 months later...

BC just a question,i didnt see the Greenback at Central spring scrimmage but heard GB won it by a couple TDs(of course it is a just a scrimmage).You really think Central will be better?Or did GB just look that good??Thx.

Whoever you talked with was very optimistic or left after first two series lol.

Central played GB after a full scrimmage with Tellico and without their best playmaker. The Varsity score was 2-2 with one central td called back and ball turned over on downs after a 3rd down play stopped at the 1 (scrimmage rules i guess). Greenback dominated first cpl of series and went up 2-0.. When GB got tired, Central dominated, scoring 2 legit tds and (2 arguable tds). Greenback is also a VERY VERY good football team. I was excited for the tie for that very reason. Central played tired and hung with a potential state champion. Will be rooting for them this season. Should win it all!

JV score GB 1 CHS 0

Edited by BloodCharger

Whoever you talked with was very optimistic or left after first two series lol.

Central played GB after a full scrimmage with Tellico and without their best playmaker. The Varsity score was 2-2 with one central td called back and ball turned over on downs after a 3rd down play stopped at the 1 (scrimmage rules i guess). Greenback dominated first cpl of series and went up 2-0.. When GB got tired, Central dominated, scoring 2 legit tds and (2 arguable tds). Greenback is also a VERY VERY good football team. I was excited for the tie for that very reason. Central played tired and hung with a potential state champion. Will be rooting for them this season. Should win it all!

JV score GB 1 CHS 0

Thank you for the reply.GB should be good and may make Cookeville but the state champ will be a West team they are unbelievably loaded on that side of the state.Trenton Peabody last yrs 2A champ moved down to 1A and are returning most of that team and Nashville Christian returns the whole team.Wont even be close (sorry to say).Thanks again for updating me!

Thank you for the reply.GB should be good and may make Cookeville but the state champ will be a West team they are unbelievably loaded on that side of the state.Trenton Peabody last yrs 2A champ moved down to 1A and are returning most of that team and Nashville Christian returns the whole team.Wont even be close (sorry to say).Thanks again for updating me!

Greenback will be definately a team to watch! I can't wait for Greenback's game with the Loudon Redskins on August 21st.