Wrestling and football

mjgIII

From the Tennessean article on Jashon Robertson, their freshman offensive lineman.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2014/08/18/jashon-robertson-vols-freshman-starter/14256455/

"Wrestling works wonders," Robertson said. "I've seen guys on my team in high school who had a year or two of wrestling, and they came on the football field a totally different player. It helps with your balance, hands, just leverage, everything. It perfectly relates to football, especially the mental aspect of it. There's something about getting off your back — when somebody has you on your back — and being down in the fourth quarter that completely correlates, that mind-set you have to fight and get up."

Needs to be in football thread along with some condemnation of the football coaches who punish kids for trying to play football and wrestle. I noticed that no one on the wrestling boards has mentioned the fact that a 2013 State Champion wrestler was kicked off of Signal Mtn's football team for competing at Fargo this year. It is a shame.