Week 1: Science Hill @ Elizabethton (1-0)

EHSTrack06

all of topper nation is sick of hearing about #28 for little ole betsy, we stopped him last year when it mattered most, he couldn't even gain half a yard on the last play of the game. He is not close to being the player #11 is,the truth is #28 is just a average back very over rated. SHHS has more talent than EHS more speed then EHS and this year we are not over looking the cyclones. At the end of the night #28 and the rest of the cyclones will be crying again just like last year, but on a better note the cyclones should only lose one more game before once again coming up short against Greenville. Hope it is a injury free game, final score toppers 35 cyclones 14

So Im guessing you are a player for SH. Its true that Mcgue is the better athlete, IMO. But, Mcgue doesn't have the strong running game to work with that EH has. He ran all over us last year and most likely he'll do it again. Science Hill hasn't had a strong defense in years. Mostly because they still use the buddy-buddy coaching system to hire their coaches. But, Science Hill, with enough offense, will win this game. They have more depth, and more talent. Elizabethton is always a good team and I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome came out in their favor either. Final Score prediction (31 SH ) (28 EHS)

I Promise you this Cyclone fan want leave sad because it just feels good being able to compete with a school the size of SH.Go Cyclones!

Exactly, doesn't matter. Science Hill should destroy any other team in this area besides DB, Tn High and some others due to their size. I see a shift in athletic interest between basketball-football. Really disappointed with the basketball program here now. Not really looking forward to this new conference setup, but I am excited to see SH grow playing higher caliber teams. 

So Im guessing you are a player for SH. Its true that Mcgue is the better athlete, IMO. But, Mcgue doesn't have the strong running game to work with that EH has. He ran all over us last year and most likely he'll do it again. Science Hill hasn't had a strong defense in years. Mostly because they still use the buddy-buddy coaching system to hire their coaches. But, Science Hill, with enough offense, will win this game. They have more depth, and more talent. Elizabethton is always a good team and I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome came out in their favor either. Final Score prediction (31 SH ) (28 EHS)

Holy WoW!  I'm glad someone else has noticed the buddy-buddy system. Not many people in this area has caught on to that yet.

I Promise you this Cyclone fan want leave sad because it just feels good being able to compete with a school the size of SH.Go Cyclones!

Yeah, It will be easier when you play Alcoa and you can have the same number of players on the field. Wait what??

Edited by WaCoJaCo

You say same number of players but your missing the point. If you have 300 boys to choose the best 80 for your team vs having 1000 boys to choose the best 100 boys to play....more choices, possibly better athletes,to choose. It's not hard math.

Alcoa? Knox Fulton? Greeneville?  just to name a few

all of topper nation is sick of hearing about #28 for little ole betsy, we stopped him last year when it mattered most, he couldn't even gain half a yard on the last play of the game. He is not close to being the player #11 is,the truth is #28 is just a average back very over rated. SHHS has more talent than EHS more speed then EHS and this year we are not over looking the cyclones. At the end of the night #28 and the rest of the cyclones will be crying again just like last year, but on a better note the cyclones should only lose one more game before once again coming up short against Greenville. Hope it is a injury free game, final score toppers 35 cyclones 14

How funny! :roflol: Your statement, and I quote "the truth is #28 is just a average back very over rated" qualifies everything you have to say as wishful thinking. 

Alcoa: Recruits, a school that small that close to Maryville and Fulton shouldn't be competing at the level they do. Are they Private as well? Whole other can of worms not for this thread.

Fulton: 2012 to current. The seasons before 2012 were 2 and done in the playoffs. Up and Down, only recently started dominating.

Greeneville: You have a point there..but some of their key players were from out of state I think. Also, only started dominating after Carmichael came over from NC. Like Fulton, they didn't really dominate until 2007. 2006 season they went 4-6 and were pretty awful prior to that. In 2007 they went 10-3.

So outside of a rare occurrence here and there, the size of the school generally does tie in to how good they are at sports. There are exception to every rule but for the most part the math is correct. 

As for your 49-0 EHS over Boone example. Boone is competing with Science Hill, South, and DB for players. EHS isn't competing with anyone other than Happy Valley for players :S 

Edited by EHSTrack06