Chattanooga Central @ Polk County

Chattanooga Central is coming off a 14-10 victory over Franklin County. Polk County is a coming off a 21-6 loss to Bradley County. Polk County dominated this game last year behind the running of Carson Newman signee Zac Miller. This will be Polk's first home hand Central's first road test in this early season. Can the Pounders stingy defense stay the course of the ground and pound Wildcat Offense? Can Central's offense give their d some rest and put some points on the board this week?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to think on this one a little bit. Polk is always well coached and I am still not buying into they are so young they can't beat anyone. From what I have read they sound a lot like us right now. Pretty good on defense and looking for the offense. They are probably in a better spot though because they have been running the same offense since they came out of the womb!!

I agree with you fish. Central is coming off a big win. Coach Davis is a great coach and he will have his kids ready to play. The question is....can Central move the ball on a consistent basis to give the defense a break? Going to Polk and winning is never easy, however, it would be huge for our confidence early in this young season. Another key question... Will our thoroughbred Funk be back? Kid is a difference maker!

Does anyone know if the Wimberly kid was a senior last year? I believe he had 20!tackles in last years game. Kid could play also.

Wimberly was a senior wish we had him back.  Polk is very young and VERY SMALL especially standing next to Bradley players....Polk came out in the second half and played great defense... the offense is very small, but when you get inside the 15 yd line 4 times and only score once its hard to win....Polk does not have the power it had last year but all these guys will still let you know they play for Polk Co 

One thing for sure is that Polk will be ready to defend its home field this Friday. I keep saying it....Can Central get the ball to its playmakers on offense to exploit Polk's team speed? Our defense works well against the run. They will have to play another week of disciplined football. This is a different team that Polk blasted last year. A win in Polk would be huge for our program.