Bearden comes to Fulton

Ktownfootball

I don't have a dog in the hunt but I do have an opinion. No doubt that Fulton has a good team. Still don't understand why you would score beat any opponent by 80 points. From reading what some have wrote they obviously don't think any things wrong about doing it. Some even brag about it. It's not necessary and is preventable. It sure doesn't teach the kids on the team anything. Such an awful thing to be proud of.

I don't have a dog in the hunt but I do have an opinion. No doubt that Fulton has a good team. Still don't understand why you would score beat any opponent by 80 points. From reading what some have wrote they obviously don't think any things wrong about doing it. Some even brag about it. It's not necessary and is preventable. It sure doesn't teach the kids on the team anything. Such an awful thing to be proud of.

I don't have a dog in the hunt either, but I disagree. It's not as though Fulton is going against someone like a Hancock Co. and keeping their starters in. 

was at game .. it was a comedy of errors for Bearden ,, from giving up opening TD on kickoff to 7 fumbles, INT inside their own 20 , a punt for -1 yard inside thier own 10 yard line .. 8 punts for a 23 yard average // Fulton got the ball on the short field so many times  .. subs worked in the 1st half .. NO Starters played in 2nd half ... No passes thrown by Fulton in 2nd half ,, all JV and frosh played 2nd half . and I must say some impressive Frosh and Soph running backs ... future looks brighter than what i thought ... the JV and frosh have played more this year than the Falcon starters .. could come back to haunt them later in year .. these guys need to know what its like to play more than 2 Qtrs ...   

was at game .. it was a comedy of errors for Bearden ,, from giving up opening TD on kickoff to 7 fumbles, INT inside their own 20 , a punt for -1 yard inside thier own 10 yard line .. 8 punts for a 23 yard average // Fulton got the ball on the short field so many times .. subs worked in the 1st half .. NO Starters played in 2nd half ... No passes thrown by Fulton in 2nd half ,, all JV and frosh played 2nd half . and I must say some impressive Frosh and Soph running backs ... future looks brighter than what i thought ... the JV and frosh have played more this year than the Falcon starters .. could come back to haunt them later in year .. these guys need to know what its like to play more than 2 Qtrs ...

We should just knee it in the 2nd quarter to really disrespect teams. We should make the kids, who practice all week, miss tackles fall down on runs and not get turnovers... Lol

I just think fulton should schedule top ranked teams at least before conference begins. They are good enough to play with top ranked teams. You can't tell me the kids think it's fun sitting out 3 quarters ...I watched BA beat down liberty on Friday night and when I looked around felt like I was at a social versus a football game. Fulton has a relationship with BA and MBA - put together a home and home and play Alcoa or Maryville at least in the years where Fulton is loaded like last year and this year . I know fultons 8th grade beat MBA last week even thought MBA was up 21-0 and their big running back was hurt ... But you guys have a pipeline that is all the way back to 7-8 th grade. Should he a good 4-6 years . Good time to schedule teams now

We should just knee it in the 2nd quarter to really disrespect teams. We should make the kids, who practice all week, miss tackles fall down on runs and not get turnovers... Lol

Oh my word! I am so tired of this! It really hurts when the intergrity of Fulton Football is put into question! 1st of all we cant get anybody on our schedule! We play a team from KY because we were turned down by teams around here INCLUDING ALCOA AND I AM A RELIABLE SOURCE! We only had 1 scrimmage before the season started (thank you AC)! We had to scrimmage ourselves! That is ridiculous! 2nd Our coaches DO NOT stand on that sideline with the intent of embarrassing the other team!!! Their focus is where it should be....on our team! They are trying to give our starters as much playing time as possible. They are trying to let them build their stats. They are giving them an opportunity to have their name announced for a great tackle or a touchdown! They are giving them an opportunity for their picture to be in the paper or to be on the news or for Russell Mayes to say their name on WKCS 91.1! They are allowing the parents to watch these boys play! Our quarterback has waited 3 yrs to start in a highschool game! He NEEDS to throw some passes! Our receivers need the experience in a game to catch those passes! It is high school football people! The goal is for some of these boys to play at the next level and our coaches are trying to give some of them that opportunity! We threw 9 passes in Fridays game! 3 td's were on defense! No starters played in the 2nd half! Im on the sidelines every game! I hear what they are saying! I can assure you that the attitude and focus is NOT to embarrass our opponent! The attitude and focus is to give our guys as much experience and opportunity as possible! That is what a good coach does! He focuses on the best interest of his team. When you begin the game scoring hard, fast, and often, it's hard to know when to pull them out. The score gets ugly quick but these guys haven't played very long. How do you know when to pull them?! He is their coach. He should focus on their best interest! He pulled the starters at half time and some before that! He did not throw passes in the 2nd half! We ran up the middle! He played every kid on the field except the waterboys! What more do you people want?! I am proud of our coaches and the honesty and integrity of our program! Shame on anybody that questions it! The problem the last 2 weeks is that we played really good and our opponent, well, they just were no match for our talent.

Edited by 4 My Sister
  • Upvote 1

I just think fulton should schedule top ranked teams at least before conference begins. They are good enough to play with top ranked teams. You can't tell me the kids think it's fun sitting out 3 quarters ...I watched BA beat down liberty on Friday night and when I looked around felt like I was at a social versus a football game. Fulton has a relationship with BA and MBA - put together a home and home and play Alcoa or Maryville at least in the years where Fulton is loaded like last year and this year . I know fultons 8th grade beat MBA last week even thought MBA was up 21-0 and their big running back was hurt ... But you guys have a pipeline that is all the way back to 7-8 th grade. Should he a good 4-6 years . Good time to schedule teams now

uhhh.... two years ago when they were scheduled, Powell played for the 5A gold ball and Bearden was a solid 6A playoff team making it to the playoffs each year. They also pickd up Farragut another solid 6A program. They have had West, last year's 5A silver ball boys and they dropped them and Alcoa as well. Maybe the coaches should ride up to pigeon Forge and get their palms read to see who they should scedule into the future.

I understand but I was not suggesting Bearden and Powell as the types of teams I would enjoy seeing Fulton test themselves against.

uhhh.... two years ago when they were scheduled, Powell played for the 5A gold ball and Bearden was a solid 6A playoff team making it to the playoffs each year. They also pickd up Farragut another solid 6A program. They have had West, last year's 5A silver ball boys and they dropped them and Alcoa as well. Maybe the coaches should ride up to pigeon Forge and get their palms read to see who they should scedule into the future.