Injuries can be so devastating

meritage

Very disappointed to hear that Brentwood Academy's Sr starting QB Dawson Knox is essentially lost for the season after getting to play only a little more than a half of football at this position in his sr season. Such a tough game. Kids work hard for multiple yrs and in so many instances don't achieve that starting position until they are Srs and then these things happen. My heart goes out to this kid and others in the same situation. I'm sure Dawson was not the only one last night but it is tough on these young man to handle things like that. Puts the winning and losing in perspective   

• Upvote 2

Very disappointed to hear that Brentwood Academy's Sr starting QB Dawson Knox is essentially lost for the season after getting to play only a little more than a half of football at this position in his sr season. Such a tough game. Kids work hard for multiple yrs and in so many instances don't achieve that starting position until they are Srs and then these things happen. My heart goes out to this kid and others in the same situation. I'm sure Dawson was not the only one last night but it is tough on these young man to handle things like that. Puts the winning and losing in perspective

I agree with you totally. We have know Dawson and his family for many years and his work ethic and the effort he put in the last several years in football was incredible. Prayers for this exceptional young man.

I am very sorry to hear this - my thoughts and prayers are with this young man and his family.

Something similar happened to a young man with whom I have grown very close  - he was injured over the summer and missed both fall and winter sports his senior year.  He used the time off to pursue other interests and ended up with a wonderful life.  He learned, as most of us eventually do, that football (or any sport) is not the be-all and end-all of life.  He used some of the lessons that he learned from sport to pick himself up, deal with adversity, and move forward.  I wish similar success to young Mr. Knox.

Edited by RedRobin1

Tough to hear. He will recieve a lot of support from the BA family. How does this effect the team is the big question? Can they rally around the new QB.

Dawson's injury is terrible and my heart goes out to him. He's a good kid and I hope he's able to work his way back by playoff time. In the meantime, BA is fortunate to have three strong running backs -- Lumpkin, Brashers and Cretin -- and at least three DI-caliber offensive linemen in Johnson, Mathews and Pittman. They'll need to rally around those guys if they wish to succeed against an early schedule that includes Father Ryan, St. Xavier and MBA.

Sad to hear.  Sometimes bad things happen to good people; however, you have to have faith in the good Lord that there are better things coming to this young man.  I do not have a dog in the hunt; however, I hate to hear this.  Hopefully he can recover and come back at the end of the year, yet, if not, he will go on to do great things with his life.

My prayers and my families prayers are with him.

Best of luck.