Upperman @ Smith County

Hsfootballnut

How good is SC's defense? Phillips has three options to throw to in Leckenby, Cowan, and Guffey, with Phillips and Butler doing the running game. The O line did a good job blocking last Friday and I expect to see the same happen this Friday. They took their time running plays last game and only gave Monterey three plays in the first, but they still have the same system in place and can easily go uptempo if necessary. I think it may be too much for SC.

How good is SC's defense? Phillips has three options to throw to in Leckenby, Cowan, and Guffey, with Phillips and Butler doing the running game. The O line did a good job blocking last Friday and I expect to see the same happen this Friday. They took their time running plays last game and only gave Monterey three plays in the first, but they still have the same system in place and can easily go uptempo if necessary. I think it may be too much for SC.

This SC team is light years better than last year.

Guest Termite

You sound pretty confident. You beat a 1A team that is well below .500 the last 4 seasons. SC was admittedly down last year and still played Baxter a better game than anyone.  SC showed they can run and throw the ball well. They are young but more athletic on defense, flying to the ball. The dbacks are tall and rangy. I haven't seen Baxter play, but if I was to venture a guess, last Friday night was the 1st time most of them touched the field to amount to anything.SC has played 2 games and have and will make adjustments. Baxter has 1, with a bunch of new players, with 1 game under their belt. This may be a good game, and I have been wrong before, but I'm thinking SC wins by at least 14.