Upperman @ Smith County

Hsfootballnut

If Milan is able to play, of course we are more dangerous. If he doesn't play, we are still able to be a very competitive opponent.

Most people I talked to last week from Gordonsville thought if they shut Milan down they had a chance to win. Milan went out in the 2nd quarter and SC showed how many weapons they have from there on out.

Most people I talked to last week from Gordonsville thought if they shut Milan down they had a chance to win. Milan went out in the 2nd quarter and SC showed how many weapons they have from there on out.

You have to remember Gville lost their top 2 playmakers and best defender. Plus a starting corner, all by the time Milan got hurt. It's not an excuse you have to overcome those things.

SC does have many weapons but they showed out against a depleted Gville defense.

However, I hope those same playmakers show out this week as well.

Guest Termite

SC should be better this year than last year. Last years seniors where un-coachable, SOFT, and given everything with a silver spoon. They thought cause of who they where that everybody should lay down for them and concede the game that is one reason for the struggles they had. Everything I have seen from this group...they have not shown any of that and will fight to the very end. Which is how most of SC teams from the past have played.

I don't know that I agree with the assessment of last years team. I think it was a combination of things. Maynard and Gentry left , new HC, new OC, and trying a new offense. Not too sure they bought into everything. Maybe some of that come from fans and family. When they finally went back to the bread and butter things got better. Maybe had 2-3 that didn't play up to expectations but I don't know that was entirely the kids faul.

This years team looks like a different animal than last years. There are kids that are WANTING to play, not just be on the field. Freshmen and sophomores not afraid to stick their head in there and compete, and pushing the older kids. The 6-7 seniors looking like leaders. They seem to be more of a team.

Edited by Termite

You have to remember Gville lost their top 2 playmakers and best defender. Plus a starting corner, all by the time Milan got hurt. It's not an excuse you have to overcome those things.

SC does have many weapons but they showed out against a depleted Gville defense.

However, I hope those same playmakers show out this week as well.

I dont disagree with that, especially the last sentence. I am hate like everything that Milan got hurt, but I think it did show some of the other guys that they can go with out him.

I don't know that I agree with the assessment of last years team. I think it was a combination of things. Maynard and Gentry left , new HC, new OC, and trying a new offense. Not too sure they bought into everything. Maybe some of that come from fans and family. When they finally went back to the bread and butter things got better. Maybe had 2-3 that didn't play up to expectations but I don't know that was entirely the kids faul.

This years team looks like a different animal than last years. There are kids that are WANTING to play, not just be on the field. Freshmen and sophomores not afraid to stick their head in there and compete, and pushing the older kids. The 6-7 seniors looking like leaders. They seem to be more of a team.

I can't speak for all of last season, but I know when SC played Gville, I was scratching my head over some of the coaching decisions. Like, Why wasn't any of the 3 best RB's not on the field on offense. Like I said, that's the only game I can speak to.

I dont disagree with that, especially the last sentence. I am hate like everything that Milan got hurt, but I think it did show some of the other guys that they can go with out him.

To be honest, I was worried more about Kemp than Milan. I knew that SC might lose some speed with Milan out, but I didn't think they'd lose any overall effectiveness from the RB position.

To be honest, I was worried more about Kemp than Milan. I knew that SC might lose some speed with Milan out, but I didn't think they'd lose any overall effectiveness from the RB position.

Gville and SC are in the same boat - injuries at critical positions. Fortunately SC is slowly getting their players back. Going into the game, SC had both starting LB's out. #1 and #2 FB out, starting offensive and starting defensive tackle out. Could have been more out, we have had so many out it is hard to keep up with. I hope all the Gville players get back sooner than later.