Week 2: Knox Catholic at CAK

BigDave1967

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic is darn good and will be too much for CAK. KC wins 31-17.

I think the game will be closer then that. Some people might view this as a rivaly game but in essences it's an important district game. Both teams still have to face Alcoa. It's importance lies in the playoff positioning and the district standings. The CAK game (in my opinion) will probably never reach the magnitude or the intensity that the Webb game has. The main reason being that this will be the 3rd time the two schools have ever played. Once we have realignment I doubt that CAK will continue to play the Irish. Webb has and will continue to play.

I think the game will be closer then that. Some people might view this as a rivaly game but in essences it's an important district game. Both teams still have to face Alcoa. It's importance lies in the playoff positioning and the district standings. The CAK game (in my opinion) will probably never reach the magnitude or the intensity that the Webb game has. The main reason being that this will be the 3rd time the two schools have ever played. Once we have realignment I doubt that CAK will continue to play the Irish. Webb has and will continue to play.

I've seen a prediction that had Catholic in the same region as Maryville in the future. What do you think?

This should be a fun game. 2 teams known for their offense, although the Irish only scored 15 at Notre Dame. Whoever has the better line will win, simple as that.

We had that talk two weeks ago. You know my feelings about our line 😳 when a freshman (whose still learning the fundamentals, is your most aggressive line man, uh-oh). But I'm not throwing in the towel. Edited by QSouth89

That's why I said 2 weeks ago, LOL! They lit it up last night against Coalfield. Maybe the turning point, who knows?

Coalfied was not a very good team, grant it they had injuries and a freshman QB, but they were small and not very deep. Our starters played half of the first quarter. The second string finished out the first quarter and the rest of the game was the 3rd team, and our freshman team. We threw 5 passes early in the first and ran the ball the rest of the game. Played 8 minute quarters in the second half with a running clock. Edited by QSouth89