CCS @ Sequatchie

SCPRIDE30

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team should have been 7-3 at worst. Losses to Notre Dame, Signal, and Marion should have been a close one. Sequatchie is putting tons of money into the facilities with a very nice indoor facility, impressive new scoreboard, addictions to the field house, and rumors are potentially a turf field. They have the players at all age levels to be a very good football team for years to come. The way I see it and numerous members of the community and alumni have stated is that the problem clearly lies with the Adminstration and coaching staff. KC was a great coach and hall of famer, but this comeback reminds me of when Ali came back and fought well after his prime. It was ugly. Despite what some SC supporters say on here, they have gotten worse each week. This team returned somewhere around 8-9 starters on each side of the ball. There is no excuse to lose to Grundy and CCS.

I'm going to agree with the expert on this one. Sequatchie shouldn't lose to Grundy and CCS. I watched them play SP last week and almost blow that one. Our SP team is weak. Sequatchie should have beat us by 35 points with the talent they have now. Good grief we got lucky and beat Whitwell by 1 point last night. You can't call SP a signature win this year either.

Sequatchie has 63 players on the team. 15 seniors and alot of em don't start. 19 juniors alot of them start and 19 sophomores and some of them start. Qb is only a junior. 2 junior rbs that start 1 sophomore rb that starts and losing #2 the big boy he is a senior. Only thing Sequatchie will lose next year is some big boys on the line. We play alot of sophomores on D. Sequatchie will be way better next year, well I atleast hope so. We still young and alot of our talent is sophomores and juniors

Sequatchie has 11 seniors that play a lot. They lose most of their line. Yes they have some sophomores that are good and play a lot but it's not like they are a young team. Its a shame the direction this team has taken. The bad thing is that they get to play Notre Dame and Signal at the end of the year.

Edited by ValleyExpert

Offense has done enough to win each game even with the lack of a passing game. Last night to start the second half, they return the kickoff 50 yards, get about 20 more yards in 2 runs then a player gets a completely unnecessary 15 yard penalty that backs them up and stops even a field goal try. Those kinds of things help lose games and are out of the coaches' hands. Pass defense has been a mess but trust me it is worked on in practice. There were times last night the coaches were yelling where it would be passed to before the play and the WR was still wide open. Part of it is still a pretty inexperienced defense. They have plenty of tackles for loss, sacks and hurries but when they dont get there there's a good chance the pass will be completed. They will just have to keep working on it during the week or determine if others should get a try.

I'm going to agree with the expert on this one. Sequatchie shouldn't lose to Grundy and CCS. I watched them play SP last week and almost blow that one. Our SP team is weak. Sequatchie should have beat us by 35 points with the talent they have now. Good grief we got lucky and beat Whitwell by 1 point last night. You can't call SP a signature win this year either.

SP will get plenty of beatings in the years to come.

Offense has done enough to win each game even with the lack of a passing game. Last night to start the second half, they return the kickoff 50 yards, get about 20 more yards in 2 runs then a player gets a completely unnecessary 15 yard penalty that backs them up and stops even a field goal try. Those kinds of things help lose games and are out of the coaches' hands. Pass defense has been a mess but trust me it is worked on in practice. There were times last night the coaches were yelling where it would be passed to before the play and the WR was still wide open. Part of it is still a pretty inexperienced defense. They have plenty of tackles for loss, sacks and hurries but when they dont get there there's a good chance the pass will be completed. They will just have to keep working on it during the week or determine if others should get a try.

Kicking the ball deep to their best athlete when your kick defense is not very good is coaching, having 12 or 10 men on field on special teams over and over is coaching , only running your best bruising running back 6-7 times a game is coaching, allowing kids to run their mouths and talk trash to other team or push players after the play is coaching, calling a toss sweep on fourth and 1 when you could put the game away with a first down is coaching. They hadn't stopped #2 all night. And he never touched the ball late in game when they needed it. I don't like to bust on coaches but I am sick and tired of standing and watching the same ole crap over and over. It starts at the top. If you ain't coaching it right then you are allowing it to happen. Indian, it's time for change not excuses.

Edited by ValleyExpert