Dyersburg at Crockett Cty 081914

slick1

Not here to debate or to start locker room confusion wtn1964 if that's your opinion. We all have one of those and glad you were able to share it. I am also glad to know that Crockett Cty. has such a arsenal on hand in case you need it and base off your writing I am shocked you have average such a meager 51.3 pts through your first 4 games.  Are you the local writer for the newspaper your information was not random you were very detailed and a lot of work went into that.  I concur with my fellow posters the best article as of yet posted to represent your beloved Cavaliers.   I truly hope that my TROJANS force you to use every weapon at your disposal on tomorrow night.  Like anyone I don't like to lose, but I will find great comfort  especially now in knowing that if the Trojans take this game to the wire we have with stood the test in the Armagedon of West Tennessee Football.  I would much rather lose to a team then a one man show or perhaps I should not call it a show how about a 'exposition of his running/manuevering talent'.  Fortunately, no ones season will end on tomorrow night even though one team path to the district championship will become a bit more difficult.  I definitely hope that will not be the Trojans fate , however if it is, we still have a long season and a lot can happen.  I will let you know Monday rather it was all hype or not.. Know this win or lose Trojans never go away we just reload   so we can live to fight another day.

true...7-3...was in a hurry...thanking

Also have to keep in mind that teams that finish with the same record and both district winners or runner up it will come down to tie breakers. First tie breaker is teams you beat with a .500 record or better. Schedule will be very important.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Yes slick, 51.3 points per game...and yes it could have been more I assume---if not for pulling 1st string for at least half of two games and a third of another--plus the mercy rule clock running, which I don't agree with anyway. No I don't work for the newspaper, I just wanted to balance the 'only johnny' posts which are typically posted with more detailed information. My apologies if I bored you with mostly proper grammar and few misspelled words. Reload away DHS.

Edited by wtn1964

Also have to keep in mind that teams that finish with the same record and both district winners or runner up it will come down to tie breakers. First tie breaker is teams you beat with a .500 record or better. Schedule will be very important.

yea i feel that i accurately took the tiebreakers into account here...at least the strength of schedule as far as teams winning over 50% and playing up...thats why north side would be ahead of crockett...i believe 1st tiebreaker is wins over teams in an upper class

i personally feel as tho NS has played a tougher schedule than dburg and crockett...and libertys schedule will give them the ties over anyone tied with them...but at best we are 8-2...anything less than that wont matter

trezevant @ 9-1 does not have the sos over crockett or dburg...seeing them and liberty in the 1st round would be a great game but awful as far as drama...i do think those are the best 2 teams in quad 4

Yes slick, 51.3 points per game...and yes it could have been more I assume---if not for pulling 1st string for at least half of two games and a third of another--plus the mercy rule clock running, which I don't agree with anyway. No I don't work for the newspaper, I just wanted to balance the 'only johnny' posts that are typically posted with more detailed information. My apologies if I bored you with mostly proper grammar and few misspelled words. Reload away DHS.

nah wtn...i like ur posts...more complete than the others...more depth...more realistic...very well done

• Upvote 1

yea i feel that i accurately took the tiebreakers into account here...at least the strength of schedule as far as teams winning over 50% and playing up...thats why north side would be ahead of crockett...i believe 1st tiebreaker is wins over teams in an upper class

i personally feel as tho NS has played a tougher schedule than dburg and crockett...and libertys schedule will give them the ties over anyone tied with them...but at best we are 8-2...anything less than that wont matter

trezevant @ 9-1 does not have the sos over crockett or dburg...seeing them and liberty in the 1st round would be a great game but awful as far as drama...i do think those are the best 2 teams in quad 4

I don't know much about Trez this year. Last year and traditionally they are very hard nosed on defense and so so on offense. But I think defense is probably a high point with the coaching staff. I remember the low scoring battle with Dyersburg last year. But like I said... Clueless this year.

I don't know much about Trez this year. Last year and traditionally they are very hard nosed on defense and so so on offense. But I think defense is probably a high point with the coaching staff. I remember the low scoring battle with Dyersburg last year. But like I said... Clueless this year.

pretty much the same team...i was told they returned some of their LB group and they were special...as well as 1 of if not both of their rbs who were in their own right impressive...new qb that has been said to be able to chuck the rock but we shall see...they just want it more than other teams...i dont really believe they were better than liberty or dburg last year...but they played harder and they deserved the W

No WTN., I enjoyed reading it actually printed it off and highlighted some of those names want to check them out tonight in action.  I also found it somewhat comical your simplistic judgement of my having a problem with good grammar and writing structure.  Looking forward to seeing more of that type sports expertise through-out the sports season.  You have a bless day :popcorneater:

Edited by slick1

lol Slick you are funny if you think I am unable to read between the lines of your posts. Most folks may not detect your sarcastic and acerbic wit. For example: your reference to my optimistic view of the team by sarcastically calling them the "Armagedon of West Tennessee" (Armageddon, btw) and another poke at my writing style by saying "perhaps I should not call it a show how about an 'exposition of his running/manuevering talent" (maneuvering btw). I get you, so have your own bless (blessed btw) day. 

Edited by wtn1964

A writer you are in deed, and my writings has only been called acerbic once.  This was by a professor way back in the day.  Assuming you got a chuckle from that comment and glad YOU were able to enjoy the wit and not take it personal.... :ugeek: The Armageddon (typo left out the d) was classy and yes it was somewhat swanky in a sarcastic way, that's just my swag.....  Now I was referring to 'MYself' through my efforts of not wanting to call Mr. Jones skills a show.  Personally, I was afraid that you or someone might think if I referred to his performance as a show you would take it as my being demeaning, honestly that was not my intent.  I thought perhaps if I fluffed it up by saying 'a exposition of his running/manuevering talent" this perhaps would be more align with being complimentary of his skills and would make me feel less like a sitting duck waiting for you or other Cavs fans to pounce on me. 

Edited by slick1

i am enjoying the heck out of grammer class!!!  i would love to see u 2 converse over good ol "stars n bars" posts on the AAA boards

ladies and gents...best of luck tonight and safe travels...if anyone can...please post some updates on the boards for those of us unfortunate enough not to be attendind this particular soiree

Edited by dhstennis