Cannon vs dekalb

Jar2h

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's saying that maybe that's been the general attitude in Cannon just going by the fact that you guys have gone through a few coaches as of late. I personally don't think you can see what a coach can fully do until his first group of freshmen have become seniors. That's where Trapp started to turn things around.

I think this HC has been in the program for 5 years (3 as Asst coach and 2 as HC).  3rd or 4th year as the OC… look at his stats and records for the last 3 years and then comment to the folks.

I believe the HC has the talent to do better than what has taken place of the the past 2 -3 years.

THE PLAYERS AT CC DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!

PARENTS STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING..EITHER GET ON BOARD WITH THE HC AND HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE STATE OF CC FOOTBALL OR DEMAND CHANGE!!!! 

I think this HC has been in the program for 5 years (3 as Asst coach and 2 as HC).  3rd or 4th year as the OC… look at his stats and records for the last 3 years and then comment to the folks.

I believe the HC has the talent to do better than what has taken place of the the past 2 -3 years.

THE PLAYERS AT CC DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!

PARENTS STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING..EITHER GET ON BOARD WITH THE HC AND HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE STATE OF CC FOOTBALL OR DEMAND CHANGE!!!! 

I second this post!

DC- How are you "sure" that "all the CC fans" have said such things?

My mistake, I don't know that for "sure". Over all the years though, it seems like that has been the majority opinion.

Very true, no doubt it's been a carousel. I believe however, you should stand by the current coaching staff because that is what I best for the kids.

Do you believe he should get a full 4 year cycle?

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

It's tHe million dollar q DC. I Do believe that if after three years your system, player expectations an philosophy centered around the team you have is not in place then one should step down

Don't see it should take 4. But here it is different. I'm not old by no means, but in my lifetime we have had ONE Season ppl should consider successful so expectations here are a bit skewed IMO I do give full credit to DCHS and their resurgence

It's tHe million dollar q DC. I Do believe that if after three years your system, player expectations an philosophy centered around the team you have is not in place then one should step down

Don't see it should take 4. But here it is different. I'm not old by no means, but in my lifetime we have had ONE Season ppl should consider successful so expectations here are a bit skewed IMO I do give full credit to DCHS and their resurgence

I think after 3 years if you don't see any significant improvement, there could be cause for concern. For comparison purposes, Coach Trapp's first two years we went 1-20. That lone win being over CC. His third year we only won 2 games, but was competitive with every team all year outside of 2-3 games. In his 4th year things finally turned around. The point is, the grass aint always greener on the other side. It's still to early to be writing off Coach Daniel in my opinion.

ok I don't have a lot football knowledge, but i do love numbers…goes with the way i live..everything is measurable (stats).  

so i went back and looked at records for the last 8-10 years on CoachT…this is what i found.

2007 record 6-5 points scored avg p/game 25 Opp. points scored avg 23.6

2008 record 4-6 points scored avg p/game 21.5 OPP points scored avg 23.2

2009 record 6-5 points scored avg p/game 20.3 OPP points scored avg 18

now that appears to be competitive not sure who was coaching then but i think parents and fans could get behind those numbers???? anyone who can add to the coach at that time may be able to add to that.

the next 5 years are really grim (includes 4 games this year)

2010 record 1-9 points scored avg p/game 10.1 OPP points scored avg 42.3

2011 record 0-10 points scored avg p/game 11.1 OPP points scored avg 50.5

2012 record 0-10 points scored avg p/game 8.1 OOP points scored avg 37.6

2013 record 1-9 points scored avg p/game 4.8 OOP points scored avg 34.5

2014 record 0-4 points scored avg p/game 6.5 OOP points scored avg 34.5

so like i said above something happened after the 2009 season????