Cannon vs dekalb

Jar2h

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Odom isn't there starting last year. Coach Sloane coached his first season here starting last year. It wasn't an awful year, but it was definitely a down year. From what I hear Sloane is a good coach. Came over from Siegel. It wasn't all due to odom leaving. We had a huge dip in talent with the departure of the last few senior classes. Not taking a shot at the current players, but the last few teams looked like men among boys compared to the team last year.

Not a good year?? Why because of the record? They played some really good teams which prepared them for the District. District runner-up and Region Runner-up is not that bad. One win away from going to the State tournament. The Boys played hard and competed well. Just not sure how making a deep run in the in the District Tournament is considered to be a down year. 

Not a good year?? Why because of the record? They played some really good teams which prepared them for the District. District runner-up and Region Runner-up is not that bad. One win away from going to the State tournament. The Boys played hard and competed well. Just not sure how making a deep run in the in the District Tournament is considered to be a down year.

I'll take making it to substate on a "down" year. Bringing back lots of talent this year as well.

As far as football goes, DC handily. Maybe this will give us a bit of momentum with TC in two weeks.

You know honestly I would love to see cannon play above their heads and compete against dekalb. It was not long ago that dekalb was in the same position and coach trapp came along with a plan, put it into effect, and now the program is at the least a contender for the district and not the laughingstock of high school football. I implore the powers that be in cannon county to please do the right thing by these boys busting their butts for their school and community. I'm sure they don't like leaving every Friday feeling like they can't compete with anybody. It's just not right.

I know the scoreboard and the W/L column might not reflect this, but CC is slightly improved from what I can tell. I know all the CC fans will be thinking yeah right, but it's the truth in my eyes. Last season yall had zero passing threat in the DC game, the threat was at least there tonight. Best of luck to ya the rest of the season.