Wayne Co at Fayetteville

wildcat89

If we get through to him, we'll get him. Our secondary, except for giving up the occasional big play, has been steady in their coverage. I hope we give him a test tonight he can't pass! We'll be tailgating on Tiger Hill, and invite WC posters to come by and say hello. Get there early because parking has been getting tough for home games. Can't wait! Go Tigers!

sorry for missing the tailgating! Looks like Rice was a little more than Fayetteville was expecting, 99 yards rushing with four tds, not sure what his passing was. WC backs looked good besides the turnovers, very hard to tackle! Fayetteville played hard and with a lot of heart, they just didn't have an answer for the WC offense. Defensively WC played like I thought they would, very physical and swarming to the ball, although Fville had a couple of backs that we're very hard to bring down. I think Fayetteville will be fine the rest of the season but do have a tough schedule. Good luck the rest of the season! Edited by wildcat89

From the look of things, this will be the final meeting between these two schools. With WC going into region 5 next year Fayetteville and Hickman Co. will be replaced with Cornersville and Summertown. I'm more ready than anyone to see WC get Stown on the football field but it's not going to help WC to be battle tested for the playoffs dropping these two. The only bigger out of district/region school WC keeps will be Riverside.

Good win WC. Hope the best for the injured player. Yall really got to get that turnover thing fixed before the playoffs. Yall are this districts breadwinner.

Thanks but it ain't been played yet and anything can happen when you turn on the lights! I agree on the turnovers, gotta be fixed. I have noticed that a lot of our fumbles have come while fighting for the extra yards, and WC backs have fought hard for them, they are fun to watch. Another thing is that the turnovers aren't coming from the same player, it's been spread out but there's no doubt coach Rice and these boys will get it fixed. When WC takes care of the ball they have not been slowed down on offense all year, pretty much score at will.

lol boy them refs were trying to help them out all they could the little fat kid ref looked at me and smiled and winked then the next play threw a flag don't know if he just took a liking to me or wanted to try and cheat some highschool kids because he remembers me grinding his face mask in the ground when we played his team in highschool, tssaa has really went down on hiring refs a kid that's 21 and a woman ref.. come on really

Haven't heard anything on #53 hope he is alright! Well if you were at the game last night you would know the game was no where as close as the score showed! We gift wrapped their first score for them and the last two scores were against alot of second stringers that I might add played very well and played alot of the fourth quarter! FCS #56 is an athlete with great speed for his size and I gotta tip my hat to him, he is a good player!

I'll agree with you that the final score was not what it could have been, from either side. WC gave us great field position with their turnovers, and for the most part we took advantage of them. Your sophomore QB is very talented and experienced, much more so than our soph QB. I think that's because he has had so much time under center and considering his family. This is the first time our QB has gotten any appreciable playing time, so his future is what he makes of it. But, second stringers or not, your "B" team has had to play a lot this year due to injuries, so they ought to be sharper than most second string players. I think the difference maker in the fourth quarter was Coach Palmer giving our Freshman QB a shot at running the offense after #11 lost confidence. #17 kept his head, and we ended up scoring several times. This young man has a bright future if he stays healthy and our O line can provide even the most basic protection and time for him to progress through his reads. As far as #56, he is a sophomore also, and since we only have three seniors, the future looks bright. Too bad for us in the stands we only worry about the today's results. WC is a dominant team. Good luck the rest of the season. The post-season should work out well for you when you get more of your starters back.

sorry for missing the tailgating! Looks like Rice was a little more than Fayetteville was expecting, 99 yards rushing with four tds, not sure what his passing was. WC backs looked good besides the turnovers, very hard to tackle! Fayetteville played hard and with a lot of heart, they just didn't have an answer for the WC offense. Defensively WC played like I thought they would, very physical and swarming to the ball, although Fville had a couple of backs that we're very hard to bring down. I think Fayetteville will be fine the rest of the season but do have a tough schedule. Good luck the rest of the season!

Well brother, I'm sorry you missed it also! We had a bunch of chicken left over that I ended up taking up to bleachers and enjoying! Rice is one of the better QBs we've faced so far, able to run when he needs to and looks up for receivers. And an arm to get the ball to those receivers if they can just catch it and hold on to it. He has a good arm and better legs, but what's between his ears is the most valuable to WC. Didn't hurt that your line gave him time to handoff and let plays develop. We didn't get into your backfield as many times as I wanted to blow up your plays. I don't think we've faced this option offense and Rice handles it well. One fumble you had was when he tried to pull the ball back from the RB, and our guys were all around and scooped it up. On the whole of it, our boys didn't back down or play scared. We kept plugging away, which will help us the rest of the season. The kids know they can hang with the best if they don't get their heads down and keep hitting away. Not every team on the schedule has a QB like you have, so we just have to learn from it and move on.

Varo, can you tell us WC fans how we match up to some of the teams y'all have played this year? Always enjoy reading your input.

Wildcat, I'll tell you that Wayne County has got a team that can go far, and is a class act top to bottom. The balance between your QB/RBs, and your hard hitting defense is a money maker. And it doesn't hurt that your kicker was ON POINT! He has the fastest release I've seen, including some of the boys I saw last year at James Wilhoite's kicking camp when my son went, and some of them are playing at the next level! He has the leg and will come in handy in close games.

MTCS was scrappy but undisciplined, one or two big plays and they parked the bus to ride out the game. Moore Co. has one RB who's big and strong, but he carries their load and one injury away from tanking their season. They gave it up to Cascade Friday and doubt if they can rally against MTCS next week.

Richland has nothing, bless their hearts, and Community is so down they need a step ladder to look up. Fan support, I guess-timate you have brought the most fans to Tiger Hill so far, and the ones I spoke with were very pleasant. And for sure your superintendent of schools, coach, or principal didn't get ejected like some other team's did recently! I had a week-long friendly battle with a former principal and coach of yours who I work with. He told me this morning that several people were very complimentary of our facility. Thank you. I am going to miss the head to head match against WC if the districts are jumbled around because I think us playing higher caliber teams does nothing but help us prepare for games down the road. And, if we're good enough to make it to the post-season, it will help us be prepared to face option teams, etc. If we can work on our center/snapper and QB exchange, and IF we play games where the refs are calling it both ways, and don't call incomplete passes in the corner of the end zone when we were in, then hey, see you in Cookeville! In the meantime, on to Eagleville for a district 9 match-up!

Go Tigers (and Wildcats)!

Edited by Varo

I'll agree with you that the final score was not what it could have been, from either side. WC gave us great field position with their turnovers, and for the most part we took advantage of them. Your sophomore QB is very talented and experienced, much more so than our soph QB. I think that's because he has had so much time under center and considering his family. This is the first time our QB has gotten any appreciable playing time, so his future is what he makes of it. But, second stringers or not, your "B" team has had to play a lot this year due to injuries, so they ought to be sharper than most second string players. I think the difference maker in the fourth quarter was Coach Palmer giving our Freshman QB a shot at running the offense after #11 lost confidence. The interception we threw to your DB/LB? was a total breakdown. One of the coaches told me later that the gist of that play was our guy in the area was running a dummy move, he shouldn't have thrown anywhere near him. #17 kept his head, and we ended up scoring several times. This young man has a bright future if he stays healthy and our O line can provide even the most basic protection and time for him to progress through his reads. As far as #56, he is a sophomore also, and since we only have three seniors, the future looks bright. Too bad for us in the stands we only worry about the today's results. WC is a dominant team. Good luck the rest of the season. The post-season should work out well for you when you get more of your starters back.

Well brother, I'm sorry you missed it also! We had a bunch of chicken left over that I ended up taking up to bleachers and enjoying! Rice is one of the better QBs we've faced so far, able to run when he needs to and looks up for receivers. And an arm to get the ball to those receivers if they can just catch it and hold on to it. He has a good arm and better legs, but what's between his ears is the most valuable to WC. Didn't hurt that your line gave him time to handoff and let plays develop. We didn't get into your backfield as many times as I wanted to blow up your plays. I don't think we've faced this option offense and Rice handles it well. One fumble you had was when he tried to pull the ball back from the RB, and our guys were all around and scooped it up. On the whole of it, our boys didn't back down or play scared. We kept plugging away, which will help us the rest of the season. The kids know they can hang with the best if they don't get their heads down and keep hitting away. Not every team on the schedule has a QB like you have, so we just have to learn from it and move on.

Wildcat, I'll tell you that Wayne County has got a team that can go far, and is a class act top to bottom. The balance between your QB/RBs, and your hard hitting defense is a money maker. And it doesn't hurt that your kicker was ON POINT! He has the fastest release I've seen, including some of the boys I saw last year at James Wilhoite's kicking camp when my son went, and some of them are playing at the next level! He has the leg and will come in handy in close games.

MTCS was scrappy but undisciplined, one or two big plays and they parked the bus to ride out the game. Moore Co. has one RB who's big and strong, but he carries their load and one injury away from tanking their season. They gave it up to Cascade Friday and doubt if they can rally against MTCS next week.

Richland has nothing, bless their hearts, and Community is so down they need a step ladder to look up. Fan support, I guess-timate you have brought the most fans to Tiger Hill so far, and the ones I spoke with were very pleasant. And for sure your superintendent of schools, coach, or principal didn't get ejected like some other team's did recently! I had a week-long friendly battle with a former principal and coach of yours who I work with. He told me this morning that several people were very complimentary of our facility. Thank you. I am going to miss the head to head match against WC if the districts are jumbled around because I think us playing higher caliber teams does nothing but help us prepare for games down the road. And, if we're good enough to make it to the post-season, it will help us be prepared to face option teams, etc. If we can work on our center/snapper and QB exchange, and IF we play games where the refs are calling it both ways, and don't call incomplete passes in the corner of the end zone when we were in, then hey, see you in Cookeville! In the meantime, on to Eagleville for a district 9 match-up!

Go Tigers (and Wildcats)!

Thanks for the input, and like I said, y'all's team will be just fine as long as they just keep fighting. As for tiger hill, it's a great facility and great fans! Good luck to y'all the rest of the year and who knows, we may meet again!