Wayne County at CA (Columbia Academy)

wildcat89

You might want to remember that the other ca has never beat WC to my knowledge

They played them the year they won state, that was it.... and that CA was 10-1 going in and was only down 21-20 at halftime... if not for the 4 picks in the second half CA very much could of stayed in that game down to the final seconds. 

They played them the year they won state, that was it.... and that CA was 10-1 going in and was only down 21-20 at halftime... if not for the 4 picks in the second half CA very much could of stayed in that game down to the final seconds.

I was thinking the two had met three times in the playoffs but could be mistaken. All trash talking aside, y'all was one if the better teams WC played all year in 2011, really good team.

Just looking at the teams that Columbia Academy has played, every team's defense is no where near as good as Waynesboro's. They may be a small town but just because you got the money and the resources to be able to get kids where ever you want doesn't mean you are better than these kids. Waynesboro babies are born with football knowledge. Shoot they even read over the play book in the womb. These guys are country strong and will be the toughest defense that Columbia Academy will face all year. The Bulldogs have a cupcake schedule but Waynesboro actually plays some good teams. Good Luck to both teams and if i didn't have to go to Centerville to watch my nephew i'd love to drive to Columbia to watch this one.

Edited by PCsupporter4life

Just looking at the teams that Columbia Academy has played, every team's defense is no where near as good as Waynesboro's. They may be a small town but just because you got the money and the resources to be able to get kids where ever you want doesn't mean you are better than these kids. Waynesboro babies are born with football knowledge. Shoot they even read over the play book in the womb. These guys are country strong and will be the toughest defense that Columbia Academy will face all year. The Bulldogs have a cupcake schedule but Waynesboro actually plays some good teams. Good Luck to both teams and if i didn't have to go to Centerville to watch my nephew i'd love to drive to Columbia to watch this one.

WC schedule hasn't played out to be as tough as I thought it would be before the season started. HC, Riverside, Fayetteville, Moore County and Loretto we're all supposed to be tough this year and they all are struggling except HC and we blew our chance to win that one late. But that don't mean WC isn't good, I'm very confident in their play right now regardless of who lines up in front of them.

They'll have to catch us first to do any punching. This is new school football gramps. Offense rules, speed, and angles win games. That old school WC football might get you a 2nd place district trophy every now and then.

Sound the bell Friday night cause school's in session.

You might want to sit down and take notes. WC has a state championship, seems like they have missed the playoffs once in the last 10+ years. You can count CAs total playoff appearances on a hand and four toes. Has CA ever gotten passed the first round ?

Wayne County and Clarksville Acad. have played 5 times in the playoffs - 4 times in the mid-90s. WC leads 4-1.  Clarksville Acad. upset WC in '97 on the way to the state title game. 

WC hasn't missed the playoffs since 2000, has made the playoffs in 24 of the last 28 seasons, and placed 1st or 2nd in the region in 18 of the last 29 years, 9 of the last 12, and 7 of the last 8. 

Our old school offense seems to work just fine to me.

Edited by 1RT

They'll have to catch us first to do any punching. This is new school football gramps. Offense rules, speed, and angles win games. That old school WC football might get you a 2nd place district trophy every now and then. Sound the bell Friday night cause school's in session.

For 4 quarters, WC will look like Alabama's fat field goal unit trying to catch that Auburn speedster returning that short field goal attempt last year.

the alabama crimson tide say hello...... 3 outta the last 5 national championships....they still play smashmouth football.........just saying.....not a fan of the tide myself but u cant argue that.........by the way that auburn speedster didnt get a ring for that

Edited by wboro33

the alabama crimson tide say hello...... 3 outta the last 5 national championships....they still play smashmouth football.........just saying.....not a fan of the tide myself but u cant argue that.........by the way that auburn speedster didnt get a ring for that

been watching/listening to some sports talk lately.  Alabama has lost like 4 out of the last 5 big games they played, and they are likely to lose several more this year.   You are right, Auburn speedster didn't get a ring for that, but FSU isn't exactly a smash mouth football team(offensively atleast), and they got a ring.