Clarksville Academy 5-2 @ 3A Cheatham County 0-6

cugr49

They play the 0-6 Cheatham Cubs Friday, then the 1-5 Houston County Irish for senior night before a last game of season showdown with Nashville Christian. We all know Nashville Christian is one of the best in state if not the best.... besides the next two powderpuff games.. how do you think CA will play against the Powerhouse NCS? Can they play with them and keep the score within 2 TDs?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play the 0-6 Cheatham Cubs Friday, then the 1-5 Houston County Irish for senior night before a last game of season showdown with Nashville Christian. We all know Nashville Christian is one of the best in state if not the best.... besides the next two powderpuff games.. how do you think CA will play against the Powerhouse NCS? Can they play with them and keep the score within 2 TDs?

Im going on a limb and saying CA will go 1-2 in these last three games.

First of all let me clear this up, none of the coaches or players are discounting our next two opponents or consider them powderpuff game. I expect both Cheatham County and Houston County to bring it and try to end our winning streak. Someone else said that they expect Clarksville Academy to go 1-2 over the next three games. I disagree. I think we will go either 2-1 or 3-0. These are the some of the same folks that gave CA no chance of competing for the district championship. Got to think positive. We have Cheatham County up next, I think they are playing better as they season has went on. I think we will win but it will not be a blowout. We will deal with HC and then NCS when it gets here.

I'm not ruling out The Cougars beating NCS on 10/31/14. We will worry about that after the Houston County game. I'm sure NCS is thinking about East Nashville at this point. Clarksville Academy also will have a bye week + to get ready for NCS. Trick or treat.

Edited by gtripledip

never said they were powderpuff games in the sense that CA is overlooking the next two opponents.... however lets be real.. if CA loses to either of the next two opponents NCS will have NO PROBLEM rolling them. If they cant beat a 0-6 team dont expect to beat a 6-0.

From an outsider looking in NC is as good or better than the early 2000's CPA teams that were loaded with D1 guys, if they dominate the east Nash team then they may possibly get by UC to play for the gold

I'm not ruling out The Cougars beating NCS on 10/31/14. We will worry about that after the Houston County game. I'm sure NCS is thinking about East Nashville at this point. Clarksville Acsdemy also will have a bye week + to get ready for NCS. Trick or treat.

I wouldn't expect you to rule out beating us, but just wanted to throw a little reality onto the situation.  See the post I quoted above yours here?  The JB posters on here are some of the most knowledgeable around.  And I didn't even pay him to say that  ;)

Come on CA, the next two games are powder puff games (just like most of the season) so you should win easily. The game against NCS however will be a battle and more reminiscent of the compeition of previous years. CA and a few other schools have definitely benefited from the level of competition being so low this season. Many teams seem to be in a rebuilding mode and suffering with low roster numbers, especially on this side of the state.    

Cheatham County 22 - Clarksville Academy - 17

You must really "hate" the Clarksville Academy Coaching staff. I think you would pick a middle school team from China to beat the Academy. No matter who we play you pick against us. Well you've been wrong 5 times and right 2 times. I'll take those percentages any day. I think you'll be wrong this week too.

Ncsdad. I would put to much "salt" into those "knowledgeable" JB supporters. They are they same ones that had JB competing for the district championship and going deep into the playoffs this year. To use your own words, to put a little reality into the situation. "that ain't happening." Lol

RodnReel: have you heard " any given Friday"? 0-7 or 7-0, it don't matter, no powderpuff opponents. We take each game as the next battle. Also all small schools are "rebuilding" each year. When a key couple of players graduate it is felt within the program unlike other larger school. Injuries are the biggest issue. The Cougars still have 4 or 5 two-way starters out for the year due to injury but we have to deal with it. We have dressed way less than 30 for most games this year. Not a lot we can do about our opponents talent and record. We played the exact same schedule as last year. Just line them up and play.