District 10A - Week 8 - Predict your Winners and Losers w/scores

NCSdad1962

Lets talk If and when you beat a team like NCS. What I don't get is that Friday night, just like all season, starters were in until the final few minutes. Many CA parents in the stands were upset that the younger players were still on the sidelines and not getting playing time. Confused because in previous seasons, if CA was up, starters did not even put their pads back on after halftime.  

CA starting offense ran 1 play in the 2nd half throwing a ball to a Sr who has never had a reception (on Sr. night). Entire offense was subbed out after that play.

I don't understand why there is so much confusion on CA starters still playing after the game is in hand.  If there are only 23 players, then moving the starting LG to RG and the starting RG to LG is not really removing starters.  Now moving the starting LG to safety - that's a little different.  But unless I can seem some film (won't happen until after our game with East Nashville), then there's no way to confirm these accusations because everyone contradicts each other.

Which is it - are the starters playing after the score is 43-0 at the half or not?  It can't be that hard to get a straight answer.

P.S.  If CA really only has 23 healthy enough to suit up, it's gonna be a long night on Oct. 31.  We only have a few guys going both ways now.  That's how much depth we have.

Lol, put it this way CA up 43-0 HC fumbled inside 15 with 30 secs left CA hands it straight up middle goes to half. If they wanted to run up the score that was the time.

You mean they didn't take a knee?  They actually ran a play that had a possibility of scoring?

Just kidding.  You are right, a quick strike pass play for a TD would have been heartless.

Man you guys over there at CA are being ridiculous now, stop.. I could say many more things about y'all's "class" than has not even been said but that's not me. I will say that I picked up a paper to check out the game like you said and I noticed that one those HC boys wearing jeans on the sidelines with a shattered back was credited with a sack.....

Agree so much...District 10A is very down this season. Has looked like middle school teams suiting up and taking the field. The size, speed, numbers, and talent is just not there.  

CA in particular has gotten lucky with the low level of competition. And it has given some of their players a great opportunity to pad their stats. But bragging about winning against a team like HC is foolish. Lets talk If and when you beat a team like NCS. What I don't get is that Friday night, just like all season, starters were in until the final few minutes. Many CA parents in the stands were upset that the younger players were still on the sidelines and not getting playing time. Confused because in previous seasons, if CA was up, starters did not even put their pads back on after halftime.  

And have to say, that HC team of only 15 players, the majority of whom were just freshman have more heart than most teams around. Didn't know much about HC before Friday night but they just earned a fan for their class and determination.

You have no ideal about what your talking about. Backups played whole 2nd half. Give it a break. Sore loser!

Actually it does, some coaches have class, others don't. If you continually rub opponents noses in the dirt, your turn will come. Not saying that is the case with CA but the jury still seems to be out.

o

I heard enought about class from ncsdad1962. Believe what you want. I'm done with it. No, we didn't move starters from one position to another. Backups played the entire 2nd half except for 2nd half kickoff which was returned for a touchdown by a player who usually isn't deep for returns. I don't care if you played your starters the whole game against MCEwen or not. Makes no difference.

Bottom line it was HC job to stop us in the first half and there wouldn't have been a running clock the whole 2nd half. We dressed 6 more players than they did. We will be ready on 10/31/14 for NCS whether we dress 25 or 30 players. NCS needs to take care of business on Friday against East Nashville so we can knock off an undefeated team. Go Cougars.

PS : you are not the jury. Our players, parents and administrators are!

Edited by gtripledip