FCS at DCA

inthagap

. The clocks ticking fast there Doyle, better enjoy all you can with the one you love while you can. Never know when another one of those wish I was there moments occur.

Good advice, I'll have a Black Bear Ale at Smoky Mountain Brewery and she can drive me back home to Cosby.  Maybe we can renew our vows at the Little Chapel while we're at it.

"The Slop Bowl" is what I would call this game.  Both teams looked they have never had a practice.  FC has got to replace their center.  Once again he snapped a shotgun over the head TWICE.  Un-excuseable.  That's what burned us against Webb.  Really thought this would be like a 35 to 41 type game.

Ugly but solid win FC. Maybe these teams can meet again in a few weeks. The fc Defense played lights out entire game and o-line continued their physical play. AT runs like a grown man and the younger guys at rb and qb are progressing nicely. Hopefully, the young man from DCA has a full & speedy recovery. I hate to see any kid hurt so severely. Speaking for all fc fans he will be in our prayers.

"The Slop Bowl" is what I would call this game. Both teams looked they have never had a practice. FC has got to replace their center. Once again he snapped a shotgun over the head TWICE. Un-excuseable. That's what burned us against Webb. Really thought this would be like a 35 to 41 type game.

Wow, how long have you followed FC football or just high school football in general? I ask because I'm shocked that you would call out any 15-18 yr old student athletes on a public forum. Especially less than 2 hours after they just went to 7-1 with their 3rd consecutive win over a rival, on the road, without their #1 tailback. Most grown men might think or even speak on these boards in generalities or might even argue coaching moves but rarely will a "fan" attack kids.

As for the player you mentioned most FC fans, coaches, parents, & players would tell you their center is a 2-time state champion in football, 1 in baseball, & 1 in basketball. He's a 3 yr all-region football player who's class is closing in on the all-time wins record for any FC football class.

As for the (in your opinion) "unexcuseable bad snaps" I'm sure no one felt worse than him and no one will need to hold him accountable because he'll do it himself more than any coach or wannabe "fan" could. He won't say that one hit the Qb in the face mask and another went thru a rb hands in the wildcat formation. He won't say it was wet, or that he never asked to play center nor will he remind you how FCS played without him in last yrs playoff loss or that his team rushed for over 300 yds for the 8th straight game this year. Instead, if I know him like I think I do he'll strap it on next week and try to improve. He'll encourage those around him and compete his hardest from the snap thru the whistle each play. He'll take his football failures and learn life lessons from them and be a better man than so called adult "fans" who've probably never played a down for a winner like FC, like you.

• Upvote 1

Wow, how long have you followed FC football or just high school football in general? I ask because I'm shocked that you would call out any 15-18 yr old student athletes on a public forum. Especially less than 2 hours after they just went to 7-1 with their 3rd consecutive win over a rival, on the road, without their #1 tailback. Most grown men might think or even speak on these boards in generalities or might even argue coaching moves but rarely will a "fan" attack kids.

As for the player you mentioned most FC fans, coaches, parents, & players would tell you their center is a 2-time state champion in football, 1 in baseball, & 1 in basketball. He's a 3 yr all-region football player who's class is closing in on the all-time wins record for any FC football class.

As for the (in your opinion) "unexcuseable bad snaps" I'm sure no one felt worse than him and no one will need to hold him accountable because he'll do it himself more than any coach or wannabe "fan" could. He won't say that one hit the Qb in the face mask and another went thru a rb hands in the wildcat formation. He won't say it was wet, or that he never asked to play center nor will he remind you how FCS played without him in last yrs playoff loss or that his team rushed for over 300 yds for the 8th straight game this year. Instead, if I know him like I think I do he'll strap it on next week and try to improve. He'll encourage those around him and compete his hardest from the snap thru the whistle each play. He'll take his football failures and learn life lessons from them and be a better man than so called adult "fans" who've probably never played a down for a winner like FC, like you.

Easy there now.  I have been a strong supporter of FC for 15 years, both kids there, followed the sports programs in detail for the past 5 years.  Also played football (actually center) in another state for 4 years for a dominant team, same sized school as FC.  This public forum is reviewing the game, that's all I'm doing, just like everyone else.  You'd be hard pressed to find a more loyal FC fan anywhere on here.  Just giving my observations of what I have seen.  I love the school, love the team.  Stand up for them everywhere, especially after the huge controversy at Boyd in 2011.