FCS at DCA

inthagap

Wish I was at this one, from the posts and score it was a good one.  This puts FCS in the #2 spot in the district correct, hosting the first round against probably FACS then traveling to Memphis in round 2 against either St. Georges again or possible a shorter trip stopping in Jackson against USJ.  My neck of the woods down from Reelfoot Lake so might have to put down my cane pole and stop by for that one.

DCA now travels to probably Harding which will be a huge surprise to those guys ... again. They have to be tired of losing to E/M squads.  If it plays out like last year, BGA probably won't look past DCA like they did last year.  My guess though, DCA handles them again.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't bash the kid by any means. He had a tough game and since that game has played very well. I'm happy for the kid because he plays hard and is under some pressure.

DCA will finally be healthy this week and they are playing better than they have all year. Maybe they can make a little noise in the playoffs? A rematch with FCS would be fun to watch.

I didn't bash the kid by any means. He had a tough game and since that game has played very well. I'm happy for the kid because he plays hard and is under some pressure.

DCA will finally be healthy this week and they are playing better than they have all year. Maybe they can make a little noise in the playoffs? A rematch with FCS would be fun to watch.

Go back and read your post, it appears that you did bash the kid.  Another poster then mentions how DCA's pass offense is suspect at best (prior to the Davidson game)  I'd bet Davidson wouldn't say that.  It's actually been a bright spot for the team this year.  The offensive line and receivers have played very well and the QB has been fairly accurate so far.  In fact, according to the Tennessean this Friday they are completing passes at over 70% on the year, not bad at all for a suspect passing game.

The FCS game was sloppy on both sides, would be good to see a rematch with both sides playing their best. 

I did read it and stand by it. Pointing out turnovers is not bashing a kid. It was an accurate assessment of the game. Anyone associated with that team and school knows he didn't have his best performance and the drops didn't help him. You should really try to understand what is a statement of fact and an opinion. Those plays clearly happened. Right? The kid is a very nice kid and plays his tail off. I wish him nothing but the best.

Also, if you're familiar with that team at all you know their strengths and weaknesses. The Webb and FCS games easily show them and you know it. Your attempt at turning this into some sort of personal attack against a kid because you disagree is uncalled for.

I would like to see an FC/DC rematch.  I was at this game at it looked like 2 teams had stolen the FC and DC uniforms and were out there playing.  I want to see this re-match because I think both teams just had an off night.  Would be great to see them both face each other at their real potential.

I asolutely agree that those two games were sub par but for the entire team, in all phases, anybody that saw those games would most likely agree.  It does seem that your post was mainly negative towards the QB of the team, sorry if you can't see or admit that.  I know you are a scccer guy and that's great but from my view point in those two games no facet of our team was working well, do you not agree?  Am I missing something?  You  state all our injury issues, you state the drops, but then you basically blame our passing game and/or QB.  I am stating fact, not opinion.  Apparently you believe that our QB or passing game is the weakness that was exposed in those two games?  How do you come about those deductions using facts, because I can use facts to show that all phases of our team simply did not have their best games for whatever reason.  Don'r forget what I initially said, you have voiced your displeasure several times on the sidelines this year towards our QB / passing game.  Deny if you want, but you have.

Completely agree with TNHSfan, really was like someone else playing for both teams that night.  I'd bet both had their worst games of the year that night, would be great to see em play again!

No such inference was made about the QB/passing game. It was an open comment for you and others to decide for yourselves. You can't connect those dots to me.

So tell me Scooby were there drops and red zone turnovers? Those are indisputable facts not personal attacks. A recap of those plays is what I posted. Nothing I said blamed any one player unless you're incapable of rational thought?

You obviously are incapable of being unemotional and reasonable about extremely benign comments. Plays happen good and bad. Commenting about them aren't an attack on a player. Maybe if you weren't so close to the topic you'd have a clearer mind about all this?

The assertion that I've said anything on a sideline is a lie. I don't say anything publicly about kids. Like most, I'll give a private opinion if asked.

Lastly, you kinda made a little jab at soccer? That's kinda funny since you know me? I'm now done with you here. I suggest you pick up the phone and call me instead of acting like a 12 year old. You know how to reach me.

No more time will be wasted with this, you know what you said, anyone that can read can clearly see what you were saying.  Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder can see it, but please feel free to continue to deny.  My assertion is that High School kids do not deserve to be called out  or singled out on these boards, to say that the pass game is struggling would be benign in my opinion, to state that it's the QB's fault (exactly what you did) is not.  Lastly, I am not particularly close to this, just don't like what you did.