Gallatin vs Portland

GWAVE1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin is peaking at the right time. Portland needs a culture change.

No, our culture is fine, we just need athletes. Our stands were full on our side, and the locals have supported these kids all year, and Gallatin as usual filled their side, (like Im used to seeing the Green Wave fans follow their team). As Gwave noted, we just dont have enough bodies. Prayers for our starting qb who told me he thinks that he tore his quad muscle and will go for an MRI Monday he said. We are riddled with injuries, and no depth. We have no depth, and are full of inexperienced players. Some of ou......Gallatin tonight looked better than the last 3 years Ive watched them play Portland. They have multiple backs, qb has time to throw, and their line penetrated ours all night. Congrats to their coaching staff substituting as well, gave our coaches a chance to get some younger kids the experience they desperately needed. I was proud of my ol alma mater tonight. The Gallatin kids only made a few mistakes by losing their temper, but, they are kids. No harm no foul. Great effort by both teams, just one was way ahead of the other.........and their band was the best sounding band we have seen this year, cudos to them as well. I saw one Gallatin player leaving on crutches, hope the young man is well............I will post the photo links on this thread so if yall know any Gallatin players, please pass them along.

No, our culture is fine, we just need athletes. Our stands were full on our side, and the locals have supported these kids all year, and Gallatin as usual filled their side, (like Im used to seeing the Green Wave fans follow their team). As Gwave noted, we just dont have enough bodies. Prayers for our starting qb who told me he thinks that he tore his quad muscle and will go for an MRI Monday he said. We are riddled with injuries, and no depth. We have no depth, and are full of inexperienced players. Some of ou......Gallatin tonight looked better than the last 3 years Ive watched them play Portland. They have multiple backs, qb has time to throw, and their line penetrated ours all night. Congrats to their coaching staff substituting as well, gave our coaches a chance to get some younger kids the experience they desperately needed. I was proud of my ol alma mater tonight. The Gallatin kids only made a few mistakes by losing their temper, but, they are kids. No harm no foul. Great effort by both teams, just one was way ahead of the other.........and their band was the best sounding band we have seen this year, cudos to them as well. I saw one Gallatin player leaving on crutches, hope the young man is well............I will post the photo links on this thread so if yall know any Gallatin players, please pass them along.

Culture change in the program, not support. You have to change things where losing isn't Acceptable. Change the mindset so the kinds want to play. Get pride back into the school and winning a tradition again. The community is behind them, but they expect to lose. They try, but I don't think they believe. Change THAT culture. Southernfried, I appreciate your posts and the continued support, but the fact is there are as many athletes at Portland as there are at White House and Greenbrier. Portland isn't beating those teams either. As much as everyone wants to believe it, its not just about numbers. Perhaosbagainst the 6A teams, but Portland is close in numbers to Beech than Bee h is to Station Camp. It has to be a program overhaul and I don't think you accomplish that by continuing to promote from the previous staffs. Just my thoughts, but its not just numbers.

Portland put up a fight and had the Wave on their heels early on. I hate that the Portland starting QB got hurt. Hope he will be ok. The young QB Hardy, I think, looks to be pretty fast. I think I would have run the House kid and the fullback a bit more. The rollout by the QB seemed to get in trouble time after time. Overall I think the move down will help Portland. Even with the bad record, like SOUTHERNFRIED said, there was considerable fan support. Best of luck on the remaining schedule and next year.