White Co. Play Days

Hustler2

I went and watched the varsity team play their last ballgame today and they looked much better than last night. They looked like they was frustrated and didn't want to play the 2nd game.They didn't look that bad the first game.Slatten must didn't have much of positives to say to them.

Today was a different story.They actually looked like they was having fun. I don't know how they looked like the first two games today.Drake,England,and Williams played very well.Johnson and Hess played pretty good too.I like watching Drake play at the 2.Once Johnson penetrates and then kicks it out Drake hits it,that's if Johnson doesn't find the posts which he usually does. He knows how to play the game.Alot of people worry about his size,but I think he can out smart them.Slatten shouldn't have plays he should just let Johnson go in and penetrate it.He can tear up a zone.He made cannon county get out of it today.I like watching the two guards play at the same time.

[Edited by Hustler2 on 11-9-02 4:49P]

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw White Co. play Friday Night also. Cannon Co. beat them by 6 or 8 points. It was a good game. I was told that Sparta was in a rebuilding year. I hope they continue to inprove.

I also watched DeKalb play Gibson. Gibson had a bad night, could not hit the 3s and had no luck all night. DeKalb had there highest scoring night so far. I think the score was 60 to 29. Lance Dillard Junior Guard was high point man with 23. Justin Sollar Post had 12.

DeKalb also played without post Destin Farr, Brused right hand.

Junior point guard Matt Holmes Had a good night,very few turnovers.

DeKalb plays Westmoreland at DeKalb Tuesday

Sounds like he's at it again. Killing the desire of young boys to go out and play basketball. I just hope for Sparta's sake he doesn't ruin the really great progam Coach Whitted had there. You would think like you said the kids would be excited about ball season but they're not I just hate it for the kids.

I would like for you to name one of Whited's players who said they had it easy playing for him. Did you ever see his teams practice? That's what I thought.

By the way, no you don't really have to like a coach, but you have to respect him. Well you don't have to, but to be successful, you must have respect.

[Edited by fullcourt on 11-9-02 10:41P]

I'm just stating an opinon and some facts, White County is a tradition rich program (fact). You said your self "The biggest thing that bothered me about Sparta was their body language. All night long they walked around with their shoulders drooped and their heads down. They looked beaten before the games even started. The players should be bouncing off the walls at this time of year. Sparta had the worst body language of any of the teams I saw." Now my point is WHY IS THAT? Obviously its not the kids because most kids look forward to playing the season that they love it just seems like the love has been taken away from them. Since you are close to the situation please give some insite on why you believe this is happening.

The boys have talent.They just need some confidence in them.Everybody talks about the freshmen and the eighth graders coming up,I heard that Slatten told the varsity boys that, like the varsity wasn't nothing.No confidence.Whited days are over.Give the varsity boys some reconition,they go out and practice hard every day.

Their point guard played excellent the first two games.He played defense well and caused alot of turnovers he also shot well them games.The last two games he didnt get it going well offensively until the 4th quarter of each one them but he still played excellent defense.the last game he put on a show in the 4th quarter where they came back from 13 points.Their other guard hit a shot at the buzzer to when by one.But over all he played well along with thier other two guards who shoot very good.

Yert9000, exactly how many high school basketball practices have you been through? They are a little different than senior pro.

You say Whited's players said they had it easy, huh? Well you must be talking to totally different ones than me. But then I guess you could be right. They probably did have it "Easier" in that Whited's practices were only about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours while Slatten's last about 3 hours. Of course Whited's practices were very intense for the entire practice. The intensity level does not even compare. There was no standing around. Slatten has full practices before games and Whited had walk-throughs.

You keep making people have to compare Whited and Slatten with your comments about easier and the things you say when you have no personal insight into what you are saying. Have you been to a practice of either one? :x

Guest hsbball55

Didn't Warren Co. beat Lawrence? Just another example of Warren Co. being ignored just like their players are. Before this season is over, Warren Co., Randal Harrell, and Reece Bishop will show everyone why this was a mistake. :(