Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

Once again, pure speculation. Quite sure nothing is 100% until an official announcement is made. As I said, wouldn't surprise me, but to put that it's 100% is not accurate and quite irresponsible. Just remember, Gruden was 100% locked in to ut and you see where that went. If it is true, we will all know in January. Until then, everything is pure speculation.

Gruden was never ever a 100% lock to UT, he never interviewed or spoke directly to a UT official...... Comparing this situation to the one at UT is absolutely absurd. 

Gruden was never ever a 100% lock to UT, he never interviewed or spoke directly to a UT official...... Comparing this situation to the one at UT is absolutely absurd.

Don't get your drawers in a bunch there buddy. It's called humor. Haha. Get it. How many times did you see someone guarantee he was the next guy because their "sources" said it was so. Too many. Now, I'm not saying that you are wrong on this because you could be completely correct. But to come out and say it's 100% done, when an offer hasn't even been made and it has not been announced yet, is highly irresponsible on your part. I use the Gruden reference because this has been similar to that situation and because it humored me when all that was going on. And if you wanna make us believe you, you have to say "Book It", then we will all know it's true! ðŸ‘

Don't get your drawers in a bunch there buddy. It's called humor. Haha. Get it. How many times did you see someone guarantee he was the next guy because their "sources" said it was so. Too many. Now, I'm not saying that you are wrong on this because you could be completely correct. But to come out and say it's 100% done, when an offer hasn't even been made and it has not been announced yet, is highly irresponsible on your part. I use the Gruden reference because this has been similar to that situation and because it humored me when all that was going on. And if you wanna make us believe you, you have to say "Book It", then we will all know it's true! ðŸ‘

If he told the kids then I'd say it's a done deal. That's a big IF, but according to his earlier post Ellison told his players that

Haven't been on here in a while, but I love all the insiders who "know" that it is a done deal and that a decision has been made. The only people that truly know are the three or four people that conducted the interviews and are assisting with the process of hiring a new coach. 

With that said, HTV, do you think there is a chance we will hear something today or do you think it will be later in the week. You and others have said they wanted to wait until after the Christmas break to make an hire, I do not know if that means they are waiting to announce their decision(having already decided) or if they are waiting to get together and make a decision. 

Whatever happens, the three finalists for the job seem to be good guys and pretty good football coaches, having pretty decent success. Will be interesting to see if they get Partin from Farragut and what that would do to the program who lost the previous OC to Alcoa just a couple of years ago.

Haven't been on here in a while, but I love all the insiders who "know" that it is a done deal and that a decision has been made. The only people that truly know are the three or four people that conducted the interviews and are assisting with the process of hiring a new coach. 

With that said, HTV, do you think there is a chance we will hear something today or do you think it will be later in the week. You and others have said they wanted to wait until after the Christmas break to make an hire, I do not know if that means they are waiting to announce their decision(having already decided) or if they are waiting to get together and make a decision. 

Whatever happens, the three finalists for the job seem to be good guys and pretty good football coaches, having pretty decent success. Will be interesting to see if they get Partin from Farragut and what that would do to the program who lost the previous OC to Alcoa just a couple of years ago.

Hearing that is won't be today, but most likely by week's end.  

Lots of coaching rumors going around right now.  It's that time of year.  

And you are correct on Coach Partin.  I know him, as well as one of the other candidates, very well.  Both are solid stand up guys and would be great choices for the job. Not to say that the third wouldn't be - I just don't know him other than by reputation.  

Whomever the choice ends up being will be invited to be with me on my Saturday morning show on AM 760 in Knoxville.  

Edited by HTV