Wk 9 - Nashville Christian 8-0 (#2-1A) @ East Nashville 8-0 (#3-3A)

kenmynattcpa

East special teams & offensive was horrible lastnight. They looked undisciplined and disoriented. That's the knock on all Metro teams though. We didn't look mentally/emotionally prepare lastnight. The "underdog passion" that East carriers into every game wasn't there.

NCS defensive was great, and had a great game plan. We all know if #2 would've played it would've been a different story. That 7 yards stat is misleading to a certain extent. Injuries happen in sports, offensive looked dazed after he went down earlier. That's not taken away for your defense, which was lights out. It's just being truthful, it would've been a different game.

IMO NCS offensive didn't look good at all. You had success with one play all night. Going left w/ #35 behind #50 & the fullback. Once the defensive made that adjustment, the offensive looked suspect. NCS like numerous delay of games, burned early timeouts due to confusion, and the pass game was little to nothing lastnight with 2 picks. With the time possession NCS had I was thinking a blow out. 19 points wasn't intriguing. They did want they had to do to win, which I respect.

I have the uttermost respect for our defense & defensive coaches, they played 40 mins and only allowed 19 points (3 in the second half) to a team that averages 40+. That's something to hang our hats on. East will bounce back vs. Lipscomb and take 1st place in the district next week. No worries.

NCS was the better team lastnight. Respect.