Wk 9 - Nashville Christian 8-0 (#2-1A) @ East Nashville 8-0 (#3-3A)

kenmynattcpa

Total defensive domination. East Nashville had less than 20 yards of total offense. A team that a week ago had 417 total yards against #5-4A Pearl Cohn didn't have a single first down tonight. 

NCS was fired up from the opening bell and gang tackled every play. An amazing effort by the players and extraordinary game plan by the coaches! 

Not taking anything away from NCS but losing Upton early  also played a role in East being completely inept on offense.  I drove up to the big city for this one and it was not what i expected.  If Upton doesnt get hurt and NCS would have kept feeding the ball to Bituli off tackle, specifically the 6'6" 290 lb tackle, NCS still wins running away.  Hard to understand why NCS uses him only about half the time they are on offense.  A win is a win so i guess you cant argue with it, 

Not taking anything away from NCS but losing Upton early also played a role in East being completely inept on offense. I drove up to the big city for this one and it was not what i expected. If Upton doesnt get hurt and NCS would have kept feeding the ball to Bituli off tackle, specifically the 6'6" 290 lb tackle, NCS still wins running away. Hard to understand why NCS uses him only about half the time they are on offense. A win is a win so i guess you cant argue with it,

The other backs are much quicker and provide quite a contrast in hitting holes. Bituli got the ball at least twice as many times tonight than any other game this year.

He's ranked 13 in the nation for a reason. He's special. He should be ranked top 5 after tonight. East had no answers for him. Both sides of the ball. NCS is a very solid team.

Let's be honest, Upton's knee injury 1st drive in the second was a huge factor. But, 9 yards, no first downs is still unacceptable for a top 10 mid-state 8-0 team. East whole demeanor tonight looked uninterested. From the coaching staff down to the players. East defensive played at least 40+ mins tonight and only allowed 3 points after the 1st quarter. East needed some "humble pie" (Jimbos voice) Hopefully they'll respond Friday in the district matchup for 1st place.

Tonight's lost hurt.

East will win with dignity, and lose with class.

Goodluck to NCS & the rest of their season. Congrats once again.