Week 9: AC @ Halls

TomJoad

I hope you're wrong about OR at 10-0 and AC at 8-2!

AC will have a different look tonight.  It will be interesting to say the least.

I too hope I am wrong MavMax, but I have to be honest in the way I see it going down.  Trust me there is nothing I would want more than to be wrong about this one.  Looking forward to the game tonight, think we might hit up Aubreys on the way, great weather and looking forward to seeing what we will be doing on the field...should be a great night.

I too hope I am wrong MavMax, but I have to be honest in the way I see it going down.  Trust me there is nothing I would want more than to be wrong about this one.  Looking forward to the game tonight, think we might hit up Aubreys on the way, great weather and looking forward to seeing what we will be doing on the field...should be a great night.

Oh I know.  I have to agree but we can hope!  LOL. 

I don't see AC's offense dropping off any if Smith doesn't play.  He is playing?  Johnson in the wildcat will be as effective as Smith QB. AC won't throw 5-7 passes in a game anyways.  

AC 55

Halls  12

I think you are right about us getting the win tonight.  Having Smith though to get it to Johnson in space, hand it to Fox, or keep it himself does make us more versatile and that would help against Oak Ridge.  To answer your question, I don't know if Smith is playing tonight or not.  I've heard that he might be but that he hasn't been able to practice much.

I think you are right about us getting the win tonight. Having Smith though to get it to Johnson in space, hand it to Fox, or keep it himself does make us more versatile and that would help against Oak Ridge. To answer your question, I don't know if Smith is playing tonight or not. I've heard that he might be but that he hasn't been able to practice much.

There should not be any reason to need Smith this week so there would be no chance that I would Risk it, let him get another week of recovery, ge up by a few scores and coast tonight to get ready for the big game next week. After tonight the stakes and competition takes a huge jump, OR will be a big an physicle game, then you go into the playoffs where every game is win or play basketball so we need our team healthy

I think if teams look at Johnson as a "wildcat" that may be a big advantage for us to openthe passing game up some, he is not just a RB playing QB, he is probably the smartest player on te team an can be an effective passer, he will be fine back there, where it hurts us at is removing him from space in the receiver spot, but I also heard we were getting Sharp back this week so that will be a huge help there

I think if teams look at Johnson as a "wildcat" that may be a big advantage for us to openthe passing game up some, he is not just a RB playing QB, he is probably the smartest player on te team an can be an effective passer, he will be fine back there, where it hurts us at is removing him from space in the receiver spot, but I also heard we were getting Sharp back this week so that will be a huge help there

That is very good news if 23 is coming back for sure.

Edited by MavMaximus

Thanks, and you guys as well, looks like you could be on a nice run headed into the Playoffs. There is a scenario that has us and you and OR going to quad 2 and Clinton coming to AC for the first round, what a game that would be opening up the playoffs with your rival.

That's what the fans and the kids want. A rematch with AC, CC, or OR. I always say "be careful what you ask for" :)

That's what the fans and the kids want. A rematch with AC, CC, or OR. I always say "be careful what you ask for" :)

Yea, but AC is not as physically Dominate as last season and it is very hard to beat a team twice in a season so I think Clinton would have a shot in that one, I would still take AC for the win, but with Thackerson at the Helm and a 5 game winning streak building that confidence with Rodney calling the Plays Clinton could be a very dangerous team in the post season.  Good luck tonight and hoping for a injury free Friday night.