Fairview @ Waverly

FBHIGHWAY

Waverly beat themselves. They didn't deserve the win. They are better than that. They shot themselves in the foot. Turned the ball over 3 times in the red zone. Pitiful they threw away a district championship BUT 1-9 to 8-2 is a HUGE turn around. Hopefully the Tigers get refocused and make a push in the playoffs because they are very capable of reaching semi-finals...

Yes sir... Very capable..

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly beat themselves. 

Sounds more like Fairview beat you. They pressured the qb all night, made him very uncomfortable. They also controlled the tempo of the game, held the ball for an entire quarter. 

Turnovers are killer, especially when you are in scoring position. I just hate the "beat ourselves" excuse. Kind of seems like more times than not, teams that "beat themselves" just lost a game to an opponent who out executed them. Unless Waverly just laid the ball down with out being touched 3 times, I'm guessing Fairview forced those fumbles/interceptions...

umm! kind of thought it was Waverly vs Fairview. did we not drive in the 2nd half? guess your the pro. obviously i missed the game. can you give me the breakdown?

Fairview gave them the short field all night they got every kickoff at there 40 or 50 all night. Fairview only punted a few times. They also got the ball at the end of the game with 1:30/40 and could have put another score on the board. Held the big powerful wavo to 7 measly points and a linebacker mistake taking motion across the field gave them that. Read the paper look at the stats tell me how close of a game it was. Fairview caused all those defensive plays. Total domination!

Fairview gave them the short field all night they got every kickoff at there 40 or 50 all night. Fairview only punted a few times. They also got the ball at the end of the game with 1:30/40 and could have put another score on the board. Held the big powerful wavo to 7 measly points and a linebacker mistake taking motion across the field gave them that. Read the paper look at the stats tell me how close of a game it was. Fairview caused all those defensive plays. Total domination!

wow! Thanks! you really dont miss a thing! you must be a coach. if not you need to be! if we ever get to play Fairview again i wont even bother going to that game i will just let you break it down for me on here. 

wow! Thanks! you really dont miss a thing! you must be a coach. if not you need to be! if we ever get to play Fairview again i wont even bother going to that game i will just let you break it down for me on here.

Probably a good idea since it won't be a game anyway. Save your seven bucks and go get your (tooth) cleaned. I'm sure fairview will dominate you like they have the past decade.

This has been a great discussion until now. Hopefully, it will remain one for however much longer it stays on the front page.

Fairview studied film and developed a game plan that would defeat Waverly and it worked. The players completed their assignments with minimal mistakes and stayed disciplined. It's really as simple as that.

Anyone in attendance could see that Waverly as a whole possessed more athleticism than Fairview. We all knew that going into the game though. If you are headed to a gun fight with only a knife in your pocket, you better devise a strategy that keeps you out of the crosshairs. Coach Hughes did that and his soldiers executed.

Waverly will be fine. They have a very good defense.

Sounds more like Fairview beat you. They pressured the qb all night, made him very uncomfortable. They also controlled the tempo of the game, held the ball for an entire quarter.

Turnovers are killer, especially when you are in scoring position. I just hate the "beat ourselves" excuse. Kind of seems like more times than not, teams that "beat themselves" just lost a game to an opponent who out executed them. Unless Waverly just laid the ball down with out being touched 3 times, I'm guessing Fairview forced those fumbles/interceptions...

Technically, Waverly did turn it over twice without Fairview players touching them, but that doesn't matter. Fairview still had to win the fight in the pile to get the ball.

Look I have more BWTP than any tiger if ever met with Garrett Cole not far behind.... But I knew Fairview was going to win. I knew it 3 weeks ago. As I said and you Tiger fans know I am the big blue-blooded fan there is, but Fairview came to play as always and Waverly didn't. Fairview won this game fair and square. In order for Waverly to give it away Fairview had to execute off our mistakes and they did. Now let's move into the playoff and show people how "OVERATED" District 11 AA ball was this season. #BWTP

In regards to Fairview and a rematch with Camden.  Fairview has an excellent coaching staff, who does great at preparing for an opponent.  If I had played them and beat them, I would not want a rematch!  I think they would beat any team that beat them previously this season, hands down.  It would take a very good coach to beat them again, as they would have to change their entire offense!  Just my opinion!

Fairview should had finished 10-0. Idk how Camden got them... maybe Z-Man was out????? Idk. I would make a multi- million dollar Wager with anybody except Fairview head coach and Z-Man that Fairview makes it to Q-Final and Gives CPA all they can handle. Fairview is great.

I'm sorry to disagree with you my friend but no team in the west bracket can compete with CPA just my opinion