Fairview @ Waverly

FBHIGHWAY

This has been a great discussion until now. Hopefully, it will remain one for however much longer it stays on the front page.

Fairview studied film and developed a game plan that would defeat Waverly and it worked. The players completed their assignments with minimal mistakes and stayed disciplined. It's really as simple as that.

Anyone in attendance could see that Waverly as a whole possessed more athleticism than Fairview. We all knew that going into the game though. If you are headed to a gun fight with only a knife in your pocket, you better devise a strategy that keeps you out of the crosshairs. Coach Hughes did that and his soldiers executed.

Waverly will be fine. They have a very good defense.

I have to disagree Swarm, I think wavos defense is the weakness

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree Swarm, I think wavos defense is the weakness

They played pretty solid against us run and pass. Tackled well too.

Zimmerman had to scramble for several 3rd down conversions or we wouldn't have scored what we did.

Our offense is not what I would call "explosive" though mind you.

After what you saw when we played, I can see why you would think that. Lol

I would have to say there has been improvement on defending the outside run since the Lewis County game. Fairview didn't fare as well as Lewis running outside anyway. Lewis County's blocking schemes are always great though. They always seem to have an army of lead blockers.

I would have to say there has been improvement on defending the outside run since the Lewis County game. Fairview didn't fare as well as Lewis running outside anyway. Lewis County's blocking schemes are always great though. They always seem to have an army of lead blockers.

Yep. They would get two-three guys to the edge to lead the way consistently.