Eagleville vs Community

footballfan24

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K1212 - Did your son play at Community?  I assume he was the young man you have pictured.  Pretty good looking kid.  I didn't know why Coach Frost left other than he ended up at MC.  Did he leave because he thought they would go 0-10?  I just thought they were hopefully at the point they wouldn't go without a win again.  Just curious.

K1212 - Did your son play at Community?  I assume he was the young man you have pictured.  Pretty good looking kid.  I didn't know why Coach Frost left other than he ended up at MC.  Did he leave because he thought they would go 0-10?  I just thought they were hopefully at the point they wouldn't go without a win again.  Just curious.

Yea my son graduated last year. He is now on the 2-deep at D2 KWC, and is the only Community player to ever singn with an NCAA team and the only one to play on saturday.....so far (I hope there will be more to come).

My son really likes Coach Frost and he still keeps in contact with him. I cannot speak for Coach Frost, but I can tell you what I do know. The coach did not feel he got the support he needed and wanted over the years (from what I have heard - not directly from Coach Frost). There was never enough paid and knowledgeable coaches, there was never enough money put into the program, and their was never enough emphasis or support given to the program. Over the years the teams lost many games and almost every year the subject would be on firing the coach or not. From the start the people not directly involved wanted wins and did not understand wins would take time. Starting a new program in a very small, rural and not wealthy place is very hard. The past 3 years Community had won several games and was competitive in many others and it looked like they may turn the corner; however once the seniors left (this past year) they would be left with a QB with no real experience, and holes all over the place. Coach Frost knows the MC coach and had been getting pressure for years to leave. I think he left while he could so to speak. If he stayed and Community lost (which it looked like they would) he may have been forced out and a job for him may have not been open.

Like him as a coach or not that is really not for me to say; however Coach Frost is a really good person, and I can assure you he has passion and puts his heart into his teams.

Yea my son graduated last year. He is now on the 2-deep at D2 KWC, and is the only Community player to ever singn with an NCAA team and the only one to play on saturday.....so far (I hope there will be more to come).

My son really likes Coach Frost and he still keeps in contact with him. I cannot speak for Coach Frost, but I can tell you what I do know. The coach did not feel he got the support he needed and wanted over the years (from what I have heard - not directly from Coach Frost). There was never enough paid and knowledgeable coaches, there was never enough money put into the program, and their was never enough emphasis or support given to the program. Over the years the teams lost many games and almost every year the subject would be on firing the coach or not. From the start the people not directly involved wanted wins and did not understand wins would take time. Starting a new program in a very small, rural and not wealthy place is very hard. The past 3 years Community had won several games and was competitive in many others and it looked like they may turn the corner; however once the seniors left (this past year) they would be left with a QB with no real experience, and holes all over the place. Coach Frost knows the MC coach and had been getting pressure for years to leave. I think he left while he could so to speak. If he stayed and Community lost (which it looked like they would) he may have been forced out and a job for him may have not been open.

Like him as a coach or not that is really not for me to say; however Coach Frost is a really good person, and I can assure you he has passion and puts his heart into his teams.

That is awesome!  I hadn't spoken with Coach Frost in a couple of years and wasn't aware he had even left Community till I heard about it a couple of weeks ago and that he was at MC.  He always treated me well whenever I saw him and I likewise think he is a great guy.  I was just curious as to what was happening at Community this season especially after I heard he had left.  I don't know the current coach and just saw where they may not win a game and just wondered if that was expected.  Best of luck to your son.  Do you still go to the games at Community?