Top teams in Knoxville area

Ladyramshoop

Mo west has most impressive resume so far having beaten everyone by an average of more than 35 points. There closest game was 22 points. All the AAA teams from Blount county are off to great starts. It will be fun to see who wins county bragging rights as William Blount and Coach Wright are playing a style that can beat a lot of teams this year. Knoxville- Bearden and Farragut are above Hardin valley but the gap has narrowed and we'll see who comes out on top. Other AAA teams to keep an eye on would be Jeff Co as they made run to state last year. As far as AA, Fulton and GP are probably best teams closest to Knoxville this far with GP most likely having edge since they got Fulton's PG...even if she is only JV helps GP because she is not leading the falcons anymore. Thought Alcoa would be little better and CAK has had quite a bit if adversity but didn't expect such a slow start. Haven't seen them play yet. Is their KState guard hurt too? Saw they recently lost to south Doyle (definitely an improved SD team though). I don't know much about single A teams so can't comment. Coming weeks will tell us a lot as teams play more and more district games.

Not sure about coach Parton but do know GP has a great assistant coach in Conchita Johnson. She was very successful at PF. As far as the girl that transferred...doesn't she have a sister in middle school still living with their mom in Knoxville-could be wrong about that...not sure but if it's true Maybe that's why tssaa didn't accept hardship. From fulton's perspective they lose a freshmen who helped lead team to state tournament to the team they have played last two years for district title so can understand why they aren't happy. She may be in a better financial situation now but what evidence was there to suggest that moving away from mom and sister was best overall for her...don't know the family so I can't say if it was or not. Maybe the move will have a great impact on her life but with history of transfers to GP in boys and girls basketball over the last decade it does create questions...even to those with no dog in the fight.

Anyone who knows the whole story here doesn't question the move at all. My daughter played with the young lady growing up and she is in a much better place and has a much higher quality of life and that's what matters and it has nothing to do with finances. 

Mo west has most impressive resume so far having beaten everyone by an average of more than 35 points. There closest game was 22 points. All the AAA teams from Blount county are off to great starts. It will be fun to see who wins county bragging rights as William Blount and Coach Wright are playing a style that can beat a lot of teams this year. Knoxville- Bearden and Farragut are above Hardin valley but the gap has narrowed and we'll see who comes out on top. Other AAA teams to keep an eye on would be Jeff Co as they made run to state last year. As far as AA, Fulton and GP are probably best teams closest to Knoxville this far with GP most likely having edge since they got Fulton's PG...even if she is only JV helps GP because she is not leading the falcons anymore. Thought Alcoa would be little better and CAK has had quite a bit if adversity but didn't expect such a slow start. Haven't seen them play yet. Is their KState guard hurt too? Saw they recently lost to south Doyle (definitely an improved SD team though). I don't know much about single A teams so can't comment. Coming weeks will tell us a lot as teams play more and more district games.

The truth will come out about the Lady Govs the next week or so with big matchups. Should be fun to watch this district all year. So many different teams could look like the best in the district on any given night!

CAK has faced some adversity with Hooper being hurt and the loss of Bryant. The K-State guard isn't hurt but it wouldn't hurt if she'd pass a bit more.  :roflol:  I'm sure they'll hit their stride after Christmas. It's always a big adjustment with a new coach. 

Fulton looks to be a little down so far this year already losing 2 games, one of them to DB. DB lost convincingly to Science Hill who Elizabethton beat by 15 points. Did the team break up from last year. I was looking forward to a rematch.

Fulton lost a couple of players from graduation and their PG from last year. They still have McKinney, coach is still trying to find some pieces that can compliment her and get her the ball inside. Still don't think anyone in AA can compete with Elizabethon in this area, or in the state. 

I live in the Lakeway area, so I know as well as anyone that Morristown West is always a team to watch. Johnny Galyon does it better than any other coach I've seen in the Lakeway area. I'll have to watch them at least once this year.

It's time to add Oliver Springs to the top 10 list.  The Lady Cats are back.  They've won 8 straight and are rolling.

Wins over Grace Christian, @ Jackson County by 10 ( that's right a WIN at Jackson County) , and @ Harriman ( 6-1) by 10.

The Lady Cats lost to William Blount by 2 @ WB, Webb by 2 ( should have won),  and a loss at Tellico Plains.

Oliver Springs schedule has been brutal, but that's intentional.    Clearly, OSHS is one of Knoxville's best 10 teams.   This team will only get better.

If Grace's Sydney Duggins ( oliver springs native) played for her hometown, Oliver Springs would perhaps be the best team in the state overall.

Keep a watch out for the Lady Cats.   Jackson County and William Blount travel to OS later in season.  Keep an eye on those clashes and that will perhaps show if OS is a major player for the Class A state championship.   The win @ Jackson County was one of the biggest wins by an East Tennessee team in Middle Tennessee outside of Mufreesboro in a long time.  Huge win for Lady Bobcats on one of the nation's elite programs home court.

It's time to add Oliver Springs to the top 10 list.  The Lady Cats are back.  They've won 8 straight and are rolling.

Wins over Grace Christian, @ Jackson County by 10 ( that's right a WIN at Jackson County) , and @ Harriman ( 6-1) by 10.

The Lady Cats lost to William Blount by 2 @ WB, Webb by 2 ( should have won),  and a loss at Tellico Plains.

Oliver Springs schedule has been brutal, but that's intentional.    Clearly, OSHS is one of Knoxville's best 10 teams.   This team will only get better.

If Grace's Sydney Duggins ( oliver springs native) played for her hometown, Oliver Springs would perhaps be the best team in the state overall.

Keep a watch out for the Lady Cats.   Jackson County and William Blount travel to OS later in season.  Keep an eye on those clashes and that will perhaps show if OS is a major player for the Class A state championship.   The win @ Jackson County was one of the biggest wins by an East Tennessee team in Middle Tennessee outside of Mufreesboro in a long time.  Huge win for Lady Bobcats on one of the nation's elite programs home court.

I find it hard to compare teams from different classifications (Private, AAA, AA and A). The Lady Cats are a solid team that plays hard every night and deserve a seat at the table at least. Still to early to worry about the state competition, but I'm sure it's nice to be mentioned

I find it hard to compare teams from different classifications (Private, AAA, AA and A). The Lady Cats are a solid team that plays hard every night and deserve a seat at the table at least. Still to early to worry about the state competition, but I'm sure it's nice to be mentioned

The Lady Cats play Jackson Co last night and they do deserve a seat at the table. I saw them beat Jackson County for a second time this season 51-40 they are very athletic. Not saying they are top ten in state just yet but in the Knoxville area they should be mentioned in the top ten or twelve teams

Edited by Hopi