Playoff Game 1: Tennessee High @ Anderson County

TomJoad

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked the winner of every game .... Except two out of three anderson county teams. AC looses a coin toss that I really thought would go their way and Clinton looses a game to a 5-5 team. Well that's the reason they take the time to play the game. AC and Clinton leaves a little premature. I always hate it for the seniors when a team that should be playing next week ends up instead turning in their equipment. I hope they just keep their heads high and take the time to really enjoy the good times they had during the season. I will be 50 this year and played on a 6-5 team but to this day remember Friday nights under the lights as some of the very best times I have ever had.

WOW... what a road trip!!! Last time I personally witnessed a football experience like that was 2004 Quarterfinals against Maryville (although the outcome was totally on the other end of the spectrum :blush:)! LOVED IT!!! Heck... after the pre game festivities I almost stood up myself as the MAV's entered the field.  

Going into tonight's game I was seriously hoping that the Vikings were able to at least make a game out of it. Those who know me know that I'm rarely at a loss for words... but I truly had nothing to add to the conversation this week. I knew absolutely nothing about AC and had no comparison to base any constructive critiques. Based on everything I was hearing on this thread, the Mav's sounded like they had the kryptonite to slow down our bread and butter of the Vikings which is a heavy does of ground and pound. But that simply was NOT the case. The Vikings pretty much had their way on O tonight once the play calling focus on a more vertical game plan and after the officiating crew provided some excelerant to the fire in the belly of the Vikings with several IMO "in your face" attempts to keep the game close're. AC just did not have an answer for our athleticism, and they suffered from "high snapitis" that crippled (fortunately for us) several drives and kept them from scoring with the Vikings. I feel very lucky to get away with the W tonight. 

I have two critiques I must get off my chest while keeping it 100%..... The boys have proven ON THE FIELD time after time that they can be successful with the "forward pass". But the coaching staff has continued to be reluctant to make this a true factor in our offensive attack until it's the last resort. WHY??! :blink: Also.... (keeping it 100) #5 has to search out ways to prove himself!!!! AC must have seen something on film.... 70% of their offense was unfairly directed at him tonight. He has GOT to make some plays, hits, or something to get this target off his back or this will haunt him into next season!!!! Trust me... I'm speaking from personal experience. Coach Young (who ironically wore the same number) can tell him all about it. ;)  

Congrats to the VIKINGS... way to represent!! Congrats to AC for a VERY respectful season that no one would hang their heads about. I wish we could put you guys on schedule. It would be well worth the travel!! Congrats to Coach M&M and staff on a well deserved post season victory!! I know sometimes it doesn't sound like it, but I'm ALWAYS proud of you guy's accomplishments and all the work on and off the field that goes into it. HECK... one more unexpected W this year and I may just lay off Coach P for a while.... Probably not, but it sounded good.  :thumb: