LaVergne (5-5) @ Cookeville (8-2) Part 2 the Playoffs

oldfan41

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was tied at 17 at one point I think. This game was much closer than score indicates. I think the big factor was LaVergne having seen llots of good competition, CHS having not and not used to having to play 4 quaters. Won't be the case this time around. Talent wise, teams are simular. I will stick with the home team by less than 7.

The teams are not similar talent wise. Cookeville doesn't have one player who is as good as Grays. Add the fact that they also create matchup problems outside with there height at WR.

6'3 Angel at wr and saftey for CHS. Angel has like 7 SEC-offers. Vic Johnson is also a good running back with some d-1 offers.

I know you have friends who live in cookeville and work for cookeville. Get on Hudl and watch what Roshea Grays did to them last game. He was the best player on the field that night hands down and on top of that he just got named Rutherford county player of the week. Google Roshea Grays and you can watch his highlights. Much better than any highlight Angel has in his career. IMO Johnson is the best player cookeville has in offense besides the big left tackle and Eddington the safety is there best defensive guy right there with number 6 on defense.

I know you have friends who live in cookeville and work for cookeville. Get on Hudl and watch what Roshea Grays did to them last game. He was the best player on the field that night hands down and on top of that he just got named Rutherford county player of the week. Google Roshea Grays and you can watch his highlights. Much better than any highlight Angel has in his career. IMO Johnson is the best player cookeville has in offense besides the big left tackle and Eddington the safety is there best defensive guy right there with number 6 on defense.

I have seen him, no arguements from me. I also tend to agree on the angel kid being over hyped compared to his on the field preformance shows. Edgington is the 6'5 260 lb TE. OK...That being said, LaVergne was the first quality 6a team seen. They will get their footing this week and pull the win in my opinion.

I have seen him, no arguements from me. I also tend to agree on the angel kid being over hyped compared to his on the field preformance shows. Edgington is the 6'5 260 lb TE. OK...That being said, LaVergne was the first quality 6a team seen. They will get their footing this week and pull the win in my opinion.

They have two Eddingtons one being the TE and one playing the safety opposite Angel who is a good high school football player. If schools actually watch his film they will revoke his scholarship offers because he doesn't show up on film or the field. You may very well be right, but they have to find a way to tackle the Grays kid. Best case scenario would be a ball control offense and keep him off the field and control the clock and T.O.P. I know coach Maynord and he has been known to milk the clock with a 7-0 lead in the first quarter. Edited by theoldballcoachbaby

I agree the key to beating Lavergne is stopping Grays. Make them go to the air. Easier said than done though. Lavergne is peaking and the right time. Their past history has everyone wondering are they for real or just a fluke. They may not make it out of the second round but for this round they definitely the favorite. Lightning strikes twice here.

I could understand this line of thinking if the last game was decided by a field goal or maybe a touchdown. However the last score was 38-17. Three score difference. That's a lot that needs to be fixed. I get it that it will played in Cookeville's house this time. But that usually only turns the tide 7 points or maybe 10 points. I say Lavergne gets the win here by 14.

It was really a one score game. LaVergne had a fluke fumble return late. Cookeville could have easily won.