Campbell County vs. Morristown West 1st Round

Cougarfan23

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No field watering. The bermuda is turning brown and dormant since it's been very cold several times since last Friday. Considering that we did have a lot of fairly heavy rain Wednesday into Thursday, it was in remarkably good shape and didn't even wet my shoes when I walked across it. 

All in all, West is a good team that has only lost to good teams this year and beat a darn good one in Greenville. 

Elkins with the fumble on what should have been a sure TD and the drop on what would have been another one killed two drives inside the 10 yard line. Campbell County looked quite a bit better but West fought hard and made it a close game.

South Doyle will be tough next week. Duncan is one of the best coaches in East Tennessee.

First, they had a ton of rain Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday was an all day soaker, so get that off your minds right now.

Next, I said on another thread CC and OR got the best draws of the playoffs. Anytime we can avoid a game with West or OR till the 3rd or 4th round? That's a big thing. I'd sure rather take my chances with Doyle than play oak ridge or West. See, if u can keep winning and there's a couple upsets, heck, u can actually go back home and play. Plus, with this offense, ud rather play someone that's night familiar with it. On film it looks like, heck we can stop that, but teams just have no idea how fast Elkins, Torres Roberts, are. Plus how precise Jeffers is.

First, they had a ton of rain Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday was an all day soaker, so get that off your minds right now.

Next, I said on another thread CC and OR got the best draws of the playoffs. Anytime we can avoid a game with West or OR till the 3rd or 4th round? That's a big thing. I'd sure rather take my chances with Doyle than play oak ridge or West. See, if u can keep winning and there's a couple upsets, heck, u can actually go back home and play. Plus, with this offense, ud rather play someone that's night familiar with it. On film it looks like, heck we can stop that, but teams just have no idea how fast Elkins, Torres Roberts, are. Plus how precise Jeffers is.

Got to pull for SD in this one....I know shocker...lol Glad coach Ducan SD team struggled with Gibbs. They will be ready this week. I'm sure Ducan has the AC/CC game film prob Ducan and Dave is going over it as I type this...

Thanks dragnfan, sorry you guys couldn't pull it out. I know I may miss this one by my a mile, but I think CC can play with SD. Oh, and great season down there, it's nice to see Clinton back in the thick of things.

Thank you! Losing 20+ seniors, we may take a step back next year although we do return Thackerson, J'Quan Thomas, and a couple other skill guys.