Westmoreland at CPA - Round 2

sportsnerd

Steamroller you are right on the band. You would think CPA would "sponsor kids" for their own band since we are in music city USA. We will just have to play our A game again. I am stoked with the win last night and how our kids performed just hope it carries on this week in practice and into Friday night.Play hard pray hard Eagles and you can conquer!

Steamroller you are right on the band. You would think CPA would "sponsor kids" for their own band since we are in music city USA. We will just have to play our A game again. I am stoked with the win last night and how our kids performed just hope it carries on this week in practice and into Friday night.Play hard pray hard Eagles and you can conquer!

You need to know the real story before you bash, so here it is. Stratford was in our district and both coaching staffs and schools struck up a friendship, even though CPA was dominate in competition. The Stratford team never makes the playoffs, and the band and school has very little resources to go to away games and they had never played at a playoff game. So CPA invited them to come to a pre-game dinner at CPA (served by CPA students), helped them with transportation, and invited them to be their special guests in the CPA student section as a show of friendship and support for the band members, so they could play at a playoff game. Like you say, we don't need a loud band to help us win, but we do need to be neighborly.

You need to know the real story before you bash, so here it is. Stratford was in our district and both coaching staffs and schools struck up a friendship, even though CPA was dominate in competition. The Stratford team never makes the playoffs, and the band and school has very little resources to go to away games and they had never played at a playoff game. So CPA invited them to come to a pre-game dinner at CPA (served by CPA students), helped them with transportation, and invited them to be their special guests in the CPA student section as a show of friendship and support for the band members, so they could play at a playoff game. Like you say, we don't need a loud band to help us win, but we do need to be neighborly.

Gotcha tax write off for more "sponsorship money" Look its good to be neighborly but you know how all this goes when it comes to private schools they are the enemy among all of our public schools. Its not right T$$AA is clearly blind. Its not just Westmoreland that says this week end and week out its all the public schools. Godpasture gets the same grief and their football squad has payed the price last few years because they don't have the brain trust in there at the moment to cash in on stretching the rules so it is what it is.Our kids will load up on 1 yellow public school bus and head to the big lights of Nashville and hopefully bring you all a good game

Guest Termite

Warning to you rich folk, don't bring the Stratford band to the game to play while we are on offense. We will come over and shut them up. That's not classy nor Christian at all. Please show some class this time around.

Whinemoreland...... :roflol:

You've stooped to a new level of whining. We've come  expect the whining about the refs, the coaches, the opposing coaches, the schedule, other teams schedule, the refs, the rich, the poor, the injuries and ......the refs.   Now, whining about a band.

And who is "we"?  You, homie, and steamroller?  I'm not to sure a 5'2" mailman strikes much fear in anyone. What do you do??  Say "I'm with the government, you have to stop"?  Or "I won't deliver you sales fliers or publishes clearinghouse this week"?

Whinemoreland...... :roflol:

You've stooped to a new level of whining. We've come expect the whining about the refs, the coaches, the opposing coaches, the schedule, other teams schedule, the refs, the rich, the poor, the injuries and ......the refs. Now, whining about a band.

And who is "we"? You, homie, and steamroller? I'm not to sure a 5'2" mailman strikes much fear in anyone. What do you do?? Say "I'm with the government, you have to stop"? Or "I won't deliver you sales fliers or publishes clearinghouse this week"?

You say we are whining. I say it's none of your business. You weren't there. If there's anyone whining it's YOU

Guest Termite

You say we are whining. I say it's none of your business. You weren't there. If there's anyone whining it's YOU

:roflol: Nope, I wasn't there. But I may have to come this year............just to hear the band. I don't think the game will amount to much. :roflol:

Termite and Antwan. Why are you guys even worried about it. Sounds to me like your jealous and just don't quite know when to keep your mouths shut. I'm failing to understand how two grown men get off on going around talking crap about teams that are still alive. Maybe you 2 should exchange numbers so you can keep each other company.